Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why should I stay with Koodo?

I have been with Koodo for over 2yrs, I am currently on an old plan and tab, where I get 10% of my bill towards my tab. I currently have a credit on my tab. The new tab I have to pay for a phone in small monthly amounts but I don't really get anything. The only thing Koodo now offers me as an existing customer looking in to a new phone is competitive monthly plans? Why should I stay and not switch to a different provider?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Always switch or stay with the place that gets you the best monthly plans. But make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Like comparing a plan with no phone subsidy with a plan that has a phone subsidy wouldn't be an accurate reflection.
Userlevel 1
I'm in the same boat, been with Koodo for about 4 years.  With a new plan I'd get a few more things for $5/mo more but if they were things I wanted or were useful to me I'd have added them already, so the 'competitive new plan' just ends up being a price increase.  Existing customers can keep their old plans but still lose the old tab.  So the terms for existing customers has essentially been changed, making your question one that Koodo has yet to provide a good answer for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
dwaveyca wrote:

I'm in the same boat, been with Koodo for about 4 years.  With a new plan I'd get a few more...

If you can get what you need in a plan for a better price elsewhere, then I say switch and leave Koodo. I totally would. It's the only koodo will listen and improve their pricing is if customers are leaving.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is the credit on your tab worth nothing?

They've made it clear that you can get a discount on new gear; the new tab plans are basically financing your balance interest-free. Still no contract, unlike most other suppliers, easy to change plans as needs change, and the math is easier to figure out.

Simplest math in the world is pre-paid: pay for what you use, no worry about babies or bathwater being chucked at the end of the billing period.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Is the credit on your tab worth nothing?

They've made it clear that you can get a discount on ne...

What other providers have traditional "contracts"? All have switched to the tab model.
Also be aware that switching to any of the "bigs" will mean a significant increase in your monthly bill. I recently left Telus and am saving over $30/month with Koodo and I have way better terms and more bandwidth! Now, I will have to actually pay for my next phone soon (not on tab, cash in full) but $30/mo adds up to $720 over a 2 year contract with the bigs so basically I will still pay less for the phone with Koodo. Considering the math I am best served with Koodo and I haven't even started factoring in all the other benefits. For me it was a no-brainer. After 3 years with Telus all they offered at the end of the contract was an increase in my monthly bill and a measly $50 off a new phone. Pfffffft!
I stayed with Koodo, but am now having issues for a different reason. Its been a long week since I posted this. But from my research and after speaking to an agent and understanding why the tab changes, Koodo at least for my area has the best monthly plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kittie Meow wrote:

I stayed with Koodo, but am now having issues for a different reason. Its been a long week since ...

And if you found a better plan at a better price I would be the first to say switch providers.
Userlevel 3
Also updating their phone selection would be nice
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since you're now directly paying for the phone, why not get the phone you want elsewhere? I see no appeal in financing a device through any carrier.