Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why reached my credit limit if I have unlimited plan?

Hi guys, I'm a new Koodo client so I am still lost in a few things. For example, my plan has 2GB of data + unlimited calls + unlimited text messages. So, why did I just receive a text message from koodo saying that "You've reached your $200 credit limit. Call #227 from your mobile phone to make a payment today, keep your phone active & avoid a reconnection fee. Free Koodo msg." Also, I'm a koodo client for less than 2 weeks,  so how could this happen? Just made 3 or 5 calls so far. Didn't understand what happened. Anyone?

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It means you owe Koodo $200.  Have you logged into self serve to check your ebill and your data usage?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What number did you receive that from?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

It means you owe Koodo $200.  Have you logged into self serve to check your ebill and your d...

You usually get free data when you first sign up with Koodo and until you start the normal not-prorated month!
Dennis wrote:

It means you owe Koodo $200.  Have you logged into self serve to check your ebill and your d...

I see.. so, no worries..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I would still check out your self serve.  All your billing and account information is there
Dennis wrote:

Already did it.. everything looks fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Do you see your first invoice?  

How much is it and when is it due?
Dennis wrote:

It says: Total due: $286.95
But when I click on View my bill:
There are no bills yet for this account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Does the Total Due make sense to you?  Could it be your phone, etc?

If not, I would call Koodo at this point
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

They always show the amount due a little earlier than the bill, your bill will be made available to you shortly!
Dennis wrote:

Thanks. I will do it.
received from (400) 500-0205
Userlevel 3
I just Googled area code 400 and it says that it is not a valid assigned code. Usually used by telemarketers. Probably a scam. Robert asked the key question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred C wrote:

I just Googled area code 400 and it says that it is not a valid assigned code. Usually used by te...

Good reflex, but the message is from Koodo because he said that :

It says: Total due: $286.95
But when I click on View my bill:
There are no bills yet for this account.

I had the good question, but seems like it's not the case here
Thanks you all guys. Hope I'll be happy with koodo services. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your message mentioned "$200 credit limit", you might be under the spending limit program.
And you are new customer...  
So I can think of partial charge of (your plan + Tab charge) + (one month plan + Tab charge) in advance. 
What plan and tab size did you sign up with?
Yes, I am a new client. Less than 2 weeks. I got the $57, with 2GB of data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marcelo Cavalcante wrote:

Then $285 seems much higher...  Is there some kind of phone charge?
I would call Koodo as Dennis suggested above.
Tell them you checked E-bill but there is no detail info. You don't want your service disconnected but you need to know break down charges before you pay.

Marcelo Cavalcante wrote:

Thanks, I will do it.