Koodo Community

Community

Why Koodo Home Phone says you can use existing home number But we couldn't---

Can't use Home Phone existing number as they state being one of the benefits of using Koodo...we had to use number from Sudbury (160 kms away)---so to call my step-father next door on my landline is long-distance...grrr!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Jerry, did you try porting your existing number from your old carrier before you closed your old account? Why were you not able to use your old number exactly? Many here have successfully used their old landline numbers so wondering why exactly you were unable to.
When we signed up in Barrie, I gave them our POTS landline number which had been disconnected for sometime mind you--however, it is not being used from what I can tell in the local phone book for the 705-844-xxxx exchange-- the rep tried to give us a "844" number but said the closest numbers available were in Sudbury according to our postal code-- this sound right?   thanks Paul
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jerry Pelchat wrote:

When we signed up in Barrie, I gave them our POTS landline number which had been disconnected for...

Unfortunately the account that your old number was on need to be open to be able to get that number or it goes back to being property of the original carrier of that number so your SOL at getting your old number as there is no way for Koodo to get it.
Now as far as not having any numbers closer to Barrie than Sudbury doesn't sound right. If you were asking for a similar number as your old number then this is a possibility. If you were just asking for a local number in general then it's hard to believe Sudbury is the closest available.
You should be able to. Log into your self serve account and go to change number and find somthing more suitable yourself, try that and let us know how it goes. Good luck Jerry
Jerry Pelchat wrote:

When we signed up in Barrie, I gave them our POTS landline number which had been disconnected for...

Ok thanks... I just signed up going through Barrie; tried to get a local number ultimately near Spanish, Ontario and ended up with a 705-822 number...on another note, a month or so after we set up home phone, a $5.00 per month promo came out and we were told basically sorry SOL... wonder if we can cancel and re-sign-up with a new number--perhaps locally if possible and get promo of course 🙂.   Again thanks Paul
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jerry Pelchat wrote:

No reason why you cannot cancel and sign up again with a new activations I suppose. Close it right away and pay what's left and open a new line. Be sure to do the referral credit so you and someone else get 50 each on top.
Jerry Pelchat wrote:

I have been sending emails through Koodo self-serve system as I haven't received any invoices for the Home Phone to date; only my Koodo cell-phone account....waiting days on end for responses as I am trying to get balance and possibly join accounts...what a pain it's been.  Thanks Paul
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jerry Pelchat wrote:

Hello Jerry, 

Both accounts are under the same e-mail? If you signed up with another e-mail then the invoice would be on your other self-serve account.

Also, about Koodo not answering their e-mails, they have recevied a lot of new subscriptions lately so they need to catch up. But try asking them on FB or Twitter DM maybe it's going to be faster. 
Jerry Pelchat wrote:

I purchased the Home Phone account at a Barrie mall kiosk from my recollection.  My cell phone checks my 3 different email accounts regularly.  It takes about 3-4 days for Koodo to respond to emails and the last email they sent requested the same information they had from my first email I sent them through their self-serve email system.  Made no sense.  Maybe Facebook be an option to get some progress.  thanks Robert   
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just to add, the Wireless Home Phone has unlimited Canada-wide calling so you wouldn't receive long distance charges for calling a number in Canada.
I just discovered they have now added my Home Phone account to my cell account.  Making progress but sad to see the overdue charges.  Anyways, thinking of paying it in full and cancelling it to perhaps get the promo deal for a year.  Thank eveyone  :)

The closest community to me is Algoma Mills on Koodo system (20 kms away) and to call it 705-208 on my 705-844 landline is still long-distance; it's unfortunate to have to call long-distance to talk to my neighbor (who is 100 feet over).