Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why is the Nexus 6P $150 for a new customer, and $394 for me as a month-to-month customer?

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Its not!
Its $150 on TAB plus with $504 on the TAB 
and
$394 on regular TAB with $360 on the TAB
When I go in through my account, it doesn't even give me the option for Tabplus
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kevin Fifield wrote:

Trust me. That's a good thing. You don't want the tab plus. The tab plus plans are horrible.
Kevin Fifield wrote:

Why tabplus bad?
Userlevel 7
Kevin Fifield wrote:

Because you have to get a Tab Plus plan which are more expensive than normal plans
Userlevel 4
Seems like a terrible deal Tab vs. Tab plus.  With tab plus, in this example, you're borrowing $244 from Koodo interest free for 24 months, in exchange for paying $15/month more for your plan for 24 months.  You're giving Koodo $360 in exchange for being fronted $244 that you pay back every month on top.
You'd be better off taking the $244 from your credit card.  And, if you can't do that, maybe you can't really afford the phone you want.
Userlevel 7
Danny wrote:

Seems like a terrible deal Tab vs. Tab plus.  With tab plus, in this example, you're borrowi...

Yeah its no hidden secret that Tab Plus is worse than the Tab. You're basically paying more for a plan for the opportunity to save more upfront on a new phone that you're just going to end up repaying anyways
Userlevel 7
Danny wrote:

Seems like a terrible deal Tab vs. Tab plus.  With tab plus, in this example, you're borrowi...

Koodo is fronting you a more expensive device in exchange for a higher plan, which acts like interest on borrowing. I guess that's what they're going for.
Userlevel 4
Danny wrote:

If they offered you $244 cash in exchange for $360 in interest over 2 years, they'd be breaking the law 🙂
Userlevel 7
Danny wrote:

It's not technically financing, and there's no interest. I likened it to interest because that's how I imagine customers would understand it.