Koodo Community

Community

why is the blue Samsun Galaxy A5 costing 539$ more than the black one?

I am on the verge of purchasing the Samsung Galaxy A5, but it looks like the blue one is 539$ more than the black one (Québec, Canada).
It seems so off to me, I wonder if there is a mistake. Koodo?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Blue or black,I show 460$ retail.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is definitely an error. If it won't change and you are logged in during both instances, any you want to buy the blue one, you might have to co tact Koodo directly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm in QC ans the price is the same...Try another browser 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I bought a blue one for my wife a couple weeks ago and it's the same price for sure so it's an error like the others have stated. Maybe clear your history and cache of your browser and try again but it's definitely the same price as the black.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Appears to be the same issue that was mentioned here: https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/samsung-a5-2017-blue-cart-issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just wanted to add that I was very disappointed in the actual color when I received the phone as the blue color icon is a cool bold blue but the actual blue color of the phone is a very soft Pastel / light blue, nothing like the icon.

It's a great phone however not having optical image stabilization on the camera sucks because if you don't hold the camera perfectly still the photos come out blurry especially in low light situations. My wife actually liked the camera on her old Motorola Moto X Play better so something to think about as well. The rest of the phone is great especially the battery life.