Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why is my phone "currently unable to send message???"

My phone says "currently unable to send message, it will be sent when the service becomes available" when I try to send pictures. My phone has full bars and doesn't have a problem sending anything else. It just started doing this last week and hasn't let me send any pictures since then. I heard something about resetting the phone, but the ON/OFF button doesn't work so I can't push power button and the front button at the same time to reset it. Any ideas?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Is your mobile data on? Mobile data must be on. Wifi doesn't count.
Chad Burr wrote:

Wrong answer. I've never even HAD a data account.....and my S3 send hundreds of messages a day........with or WITHOUT WiFi.
The two (data and messages) are not remotely connected.

Chad Burr wrote:

Not messages, pictures...you need data turned on for that.
Yes it is. I've always been able to send them once i turn the mobile data on until last week. it just magically stopped working.
Userlevel 7
Kristi MacDonald wrote:

Yes it is. I've always been able to send them once i turn the mobile data on until last week. i...

Try a restart if you haven't already
I tried that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try settings => More networks => Mobile networks => Network mode. Toggle the LTE on or off and see if that makes a difference.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Try settings => More networks => Mobile networks => Network mode. Toggle the LTE on or off and se...

Thank you - this worked!!!
Id try a third party messaging app. Google allows you to pick something else for texting. See if that helps it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Another avenue: Try apps manager => Messaging. Delete the CACHE. Restart the phone. Send yourself a text to see if it worked. If not, repeat the same and Delete the DATA. You will most likely lose the messages you currently have on the phone. Less drastic than doing a factory reset. Goodluck.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Another avenue: Try apps manager => Messaging. Delete the CACHE. Restart the phone. Send yo...

I had the same message coming up. I was still able to send and receive texts but this message kept coming up. Clearing the cache cleared the issue.
Tried all of the above but nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Derick wrote:

Tried all of the above but nothing.

What phone do you have? What kind of problem do you have(can't send text/ pictures or no service)? Did you try remove your sim out and back in?