Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why is my phone controlling itself?

My Nexus 4 has been controlling itself for the past weeks. It has been sending photos and text messages, playing music, moving the screen and calling people. The screen will often freeze, also. Please help?

16 replies

Userlevel 1
Varus you may wanna do system rest hardware this will restore your phone wen you got it out of the box Make shour you are install things from Google play clear any rung apps running in the background
I'm ikaros fan wrote:

Varus you may wanna do system rest hardware this will restore your phone wen you got it out of th...

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried a factory reset and It hasn't fixed anything.
Userlevel 1
I'm ikaros fan wrote:

Varus you may wanna do system rest hardware this will restore your phone wen you got it out of th...

Okay call koodo may be hard ware may need flash may help you plsese take care
I'm ikaros fan wrote:

You too!
Userlevel 7
Besides the possibility of you being caught up in some "Fight Club " type mental issues, the phones touch screen may be failing. If your device is less than a year old, you should contact koodo and arrange for warranty service. Koodo Contact: You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday - Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pml
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My touch screen sometimes goes nuts if I put the phone in my shirt pocket without disabling it. Body heat is enough to generate some random "touches" and turn the thing into a slot machine trying to pay out an unusual jackpot. Adding a screen protector helps a bit if the screen is too sensitive. There is NO adjustment for touch sensitivity on just about all phones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

My touch screen sometimes goes nuts if I put the phone in my shirt pocket without disabling it. B...

Several phones have an option to control touch sensitivity, usually if they're the ones that can be operated with any type of glove.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

My touch screen sometimes goes nuts if I put the phone in my shirt pocket without disabling it. B...

Not widely advertised, but it's a valuable idea. Like to leave phone flat in shirt pocket. Not eager to participate in the Youtube bending contests.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I have looked for the touch sensitivity option already and cannot find it on the phone. I'm not sure if this helps, but the screen has began to stop working in a particular area. Do you have any other ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Still under warranty... kick it to Koodo. Factory reset should have solved this. Bad screen spot may be sending fictitious commands to CPU. Probably better off swapping phone for something new than repairing. Moto G currently $75 net, don't pay a penny out the door. You also get a new one-year warranty.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Alright, I'll look into replacing it. Do you have any suggestions for what type of phone to get?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Your phone does not have LTE data. Moto G on sale currently for $75 net also does not have LTE data. OK for checking email and minor browsing, but forget about video streaming and heavy usage. If data is important, find something LTE compatible. Otherwise, Moto is a good choice at the discounted price. Don't jump too fast. Take the time to evaluate your needs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

LTE is certainly not needed for video streaming nor heavy usage. HSPA is more than capable of handling anything you throw at it, including Netflix in HD. I use a lot of data and don't need LTE. My home WiFi is in the DC-HSPA speed range, and I have no problem using my 300 GB allowance there. My home connection easily handles three Netflix HD streams simultaneously with no impact on browsing quality.
Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Robert, à factory reset will fix a dead spot? Or an overly sensitive touchscreen?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Factory reset only gets rid of some "static" in your settings. Won't fix a dead spot or hardware ossues.
Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

So I'm not understanding why you would say to factory reset.