Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why is my MMS not working?

Every time I receive a picture, I cannot download it and get a message that says: "Message not downloaded. Generic Network failure" I am also unable to send MMS. I have an HTC One M8. And I am connected to WIFI. I've done some research and it seems like many HTC phones have this problem. Is there anyway to fix it?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Your network data must be enabled to send mms. Wifi won't work.
O thank you it worked
Userlevel 6
Koloon wrote:

O thank you it worked

Just curious, did you disable data yourself on the phone?
I have had this same problem and I haven't disabled anything. I only send photos via text message when I am connected to wifi as I do not have a data plan. Sometimes it works and most times I get the same response "generic network failure". I'll try and find the 'network data' in my HTC phone and see if that is disabled
Userlevel 7
Even though your phone is connected to wifi, your device will still attempt to make a data connection to Koodo but only to send your picture message. If you have data turned off, you won't be able to send the message. Data must be enabled.
Chad Burr wrote:

Even though your phone is connected to wifi, your device will still attempt to make a data conn...

Thanks Chad - I've tried to locate that in my phone but I'm wondering if you know where do I turn the data on (it has worked before but for some reason has just stopped working)
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Even though your phone is connected to wifi, your device will still attempt to make a data conn...

LynneG, what phone do you have?
Chad Burr wrote:

HTC One V
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Settings... Wireless and networks... Mobile network Make sure data is enabled Also make sure the back is properly installed as the antenna is back there. The fact you're using the one v may be part of your problems. It's an older device.
Chad Burr wrote:

My phone has really been acting out recently and I'm getting a little fed up with it - time for a new phone I think 🙂 I've looked at the Mobile Network Settings and I have the following options: Data Roaming Data roaming sound both are unchecked
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

So those are as they should be. It might also say Packet Data enabled
Chad Burr wrote:

Chad I really appreciate your help -- i think the next stop is either a koodo desk or future shop where i got the phone and see if either they can fix the issue or look at something new 🙂
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

No problem, there is a lot of New out there since you got your One V. Good luck and if you do G et a new device, let us know so we can share in phone Geek pride.
THANKFUL for awesome help