Koodo Community

Community

Solved

why is my Galaxy S3 killing SD cards

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are making sure to unmount the Card in the settings before you physically remove the card each time? If not that can be what's causing you issue with going through cards. Also if your buying cheap cards that can be an issue as well.
Userlevel 7
I had a similar issue with my Galaxy S4. It would corrupt card after card, I finally got a lexar 600x ultra platinum card (something like that, all I know is that it was a great quality one). It did the same, I then reset my phone to factory settings and it worked perfectly ever since! I feel like there are bad updates every now and then on the Samsung phones that can affect that. Give a whirl, see how it goes! Hope this helps!
Will do thanks for the input.
Userlevel 1
Same here. My s4 goes through cards big time. I finally stopped buying high end ones and buy cheap. Real common issue if you Google it. Think Samsung would take notice.
Userlevel 7
YDOUTHINK wrote:

Same here. My s4 goes through cards big time. I finally stopped buying high end ones and buy chea...

I've never had the problem on my Samsung devices. Interesting.
YDOUTHINK wrote:

Same here. My s4 goes through cards big time. I finally stopped buying high end ones and buy chea...

I have lost count on how many times i have lost pics and content because of this issue.
Badge +4
YDOUTHINK wrote:

Fragmentation over time is the likely cause. Flash memory/SD cards have a limited number of times they can be written to. Age is a factor as well.
Userlevel 7
This might be late but I've heard some people say that when you use samsung class 10 cards, they don't corrupt nearly as much however as far as i know they're pretty expensive and I haven't had this issue either way.