Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why is my bill never the same day?

I was wondering why my billing is never the same day? I was low on money and my credit card was full so i checked to see my deadline and it was soon so i transfered enough money to cover it but i guess it went through before so now i have extra fees. When is says "billing cycle ends in 2 days" .m its because ill ger charged in 2 days, no??? I'm really angry and upset with this. Thanks for the help.

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Its because billing is every 30 days so those 31 day months and February screw the equation. Every month with 31 knock your day back by one, and Feb by 2. A true month to month from any telco point of view is giving you a free day. Sad but true
It's ridiculous! It should say the date somewhere to make sure the moneys there... anyway thanks for your answer!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have a postpaid/monthly plan, your billing cycle is set to fixed date like from 15th of the month to 14th of next month.
You will receive your bill 3 to 5 days after the end of your billing cycle. - I guess they need those time to check if you went over your minutes or data, changed your plan/ add-on things.

I'm not sure what you mean by you have extra fees.  But, maybe your payment is not updated on your self serve yet...?

Add : I'm a little confused.  Do you have a prepaid or monthly plan?
         If its prepaid, base plan renew every 30 days.
Userlevel 4
Mayumi wrote:

If you have a postpaid/monthly plan, your billing cycle is set to fixed date like from 15th of th...

extra fees from her CC because she maxed out her card
Mayumi wrote:

If you have a postpaid/monthly plan, your billing cycle is set to fixed date like from 15th of th...

No i have preauthorised payments but i saw i had 2 days before the end of my billing cycle so i put money on my CC and it still didnt go through so now instead of having to pay my normal bill (40,70$) I have to pay extra fees. But if i dont understand why my preauthorised payment passes before my billing cycle is done..
Userlevel 7
You don't have to pay your bill right away after your billing cycle ends. I don't get what the problem is ?
Ahmad wrote:

You don't have to pay your bill right away after your billing cycle ends. I don't get what the pr...

I have preauthorised payments so it does it by itself but my credit card was full at the time and it didnt go through.. but i still had 2 days before my billing cycle ended so i transferred enough to pay my phone but it didnt work
I think they on auto billing to debit/credit card and not have money in account on time when payment taken. So they have pay extra and not happy. Make understand now?
Userlevel 7
Minchia wrote:

I think they on auto billing to debit/credit card and not have money in account on time when paym...

I don't speculate which is why I wait for the OP to come back and clarify themselves
Userlevel 4
if you're $50 and a day away from maxing out your CC, maybe you shouldn't be on pre-authorized payments