Koodo Community

Community

Question

Why is it that only my mobile network is working? Wi-Fi, despite a good connection is not working for anything but Facebook Messenger.

Have been unable to use just Wi-Fi the past week or so, and have had to use data or the exact same Wi-Fi network on my computer. Only thing I can use with the Wi-Fi connection, despite being strong signals all the ones I've tried, is Facebook Messenger.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Northy,

That is very weird indeed. Another phone connected to the same network does the same thing? If you restart the phone, does it solved the problem?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And only your phone has the issue? What phone do you have? What have you tried so far? Did you recently have an update?
Robert wrote:

Hello Northy,

That is very weird indeed. Another phone connected to the same network does the sa...

No one else has the problem. I have tried restarting it three times to no avail.
Goran wrote:

And only your phone has the issue? What phone do you have? What have you tried so far? Did you...

G Prime. It was working fine until this started a bit over a week ago. I had hoped if anything it was just something that would be fixed by restarting or maybe my storage was full or something but nothing seems to be causing it. I still can't access the internet on my phone or use any apps that use the internet, besides that Messenger messages seem to come in and be able to send. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

And only your phone has the issue? What phone do you have? What have you tried so far? Did you...

Are you sending regular text message through messenger or fb messages?
Goran wrote:

Through FB messenger, but also facebook messages are getting through and sending pics and such loads for the other person too.
Userlevel 7
Goran wrote:

Have you tried restarting your router?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

What happens when you uninstall an app you want to use on wifi and reinstall it?
Goran wrote:

It's not just on one router. It's been with every Wi-Fi I've connected to. The two available at uni, the one at home, those at friend's places. 
Goran wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that I recently uninstalled Kaspersky security. And it was like it was trying to keep itself on my phone. Had to keep restarting the phone when I did that as the phone would lock or freeze constantly as I was going through the steps I had to do to uninstall it. 
Update: Just went to Wi-Fi and "forgot" one at the uni then reconnected to it and Wi-Fi now appears to be working without data. Maybe this will continue? Hopefully. Will try with network at home later.
Good Day Northy!  In my Opinion there are two answers to your questions.  Like Koodoo is one of the largest and most successful cell phone companies, Facebook is one of the frontier leaders in the Social Networking Community.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Scotty B Good wrote:

Good Day Northy!  In my Opinion there are two answers to your questions.  Like Koodoo i...

What?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Scotty B Good wrote:

Good Day Northy!  In my Opinion there are two answers to your questions.  Like Koodoo i...

^^^^^^bot^^^^^^
Userlevel 6
Scotty B Good wrote:

Botty B Good?