Koodo Community

Community

why I'm having additional charges when I'm not going over my plans minutes or data and without making long distance calling

I got charged for a local incoming call when i still have over 50 minutes left

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Ronald, Did you check p. 3 of the bill? It should explain where the extra charges come from.
I'm not on pay per use. No long distance not roaming and didn't use additional airtime or data. What elae im i missing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ronald wrote:

I'm not on pay per use. No long distance not roaming and didn't use additional airtime or data. ...

What plan do you have? Did you just sign up with Koodo?
Where did you see the charge and how much?
Did it say for a local incoming call on your E-bill?
Ronald wrote:

I'm not on pay per use. No long distance not roaming and didn't use additional airtime or data. ...

I have 100 minutes and 100 data. Yes just singed up less then a week ago. I seen the charge online on view my usage. I have not yet received a bill. Charge was $1.50 for an 8 minute call. Just said local incoming call (pretty sure) yes just checked and did say local airtime charge
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ronald wrote:

I see.
It should tell you "xx day(s) left"  when you check your usage through self serve.
How many day(s) does it say is left?

You don't get full 100 minutes when you first sign up. That's why you see extra charge for your minutes.

Your billing cycle is not the day you sign up. It usually start a week to 10 days later. And your plan price and minutes will be prorated.
EXAMPLE)  If you sign up with Koodo with $30 plan and 100 min on July 1.  
Your billing cycle will be 11th of the month to 10th of the next month.
You have 33 minutes from July 1st to July 10th, and you get full 100 min from July 11th to Aug 10th and so on...
Also, you will see about $10 prorated charge from 1st to 10th + full month on your first bill.
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/charges-explained

Ronald wrote:

Ok great thanks. Just found out that i activated on june 30 and start of the billing cycle was june 6. So i only had 20 minutes on my phone. It clears up my question and concerns. Only other thing is why was i not told this when i switched providers and why should i be charged for 3 weeks when i never had service from koodo? Guess the man needs my money more then i do.. thanks for the quick answers. Next time I'll ask more questions and be extra cautious
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ronald wrote:

When you look at your PDF invoice, you will find that the first 3 weeks of your first billing period are refunded / adjusted, so you only pay 1/4 of the first month. 
So, your first billing period is pro-rated from when you signed up to the billing date. You are also charged services for the upcoming month in advance This occurs when anyone signs up with a provider. Similarly, when you change a plan,  both the old plan and the new are pro-rated for the portion of the month they were active. Here’s link for you describing the process. http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained Then go to "charges on my first bill"

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ronald wrote:

They should told you about Proration when you sign up, and I know most store rep dose that...
And for other question. If your billing cycle start 6th of the month, then your charges  should be from July 6th to Aug 5th plus partial charge of Jun 30th to July 5th.
You will receive your Ebill usually 3-5 days after the billing date. If your billing cycle is 6th to 5th, then your billing date is 5th, so you will receive your first bill around 8-10th. You can login to self serve and check your E-bill. It will show you all the details of your charges.

If you have more question, come back here anytime 🙂  
Ronald wrote:

Ok i thought thats how they would bill me for the first time. Didnt realize i only had 20 minutes for this cycle i thought it would start fresh. That pretty much solves my problem thanks. Good feedback on this that's good. I'm new to all this stuff. Just want a basic phone i can use for as cheep as possible thats why i chose this plan. Makes sense now i'll be careful next time and now i know this it will help me if i ever need to change providers in the future.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ronald wrote:

Good thing about Koodo is that  you can change your plan once per billing cycle.
If your usage changed in the future - more minutes or data need or less minutes need - then you can switch your plan to more suitable one.
We can give you some advice before you switch too.
Ronald wrote:

Ok i think i should be happy with this plan for the meantime. Unless something better or cheeper comes around. Thanks again for all the help