Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why I can't call *611 to renew my prepaid card?

23 replies

Userlevel 6
Even if your account is out of minutes you should still be able to call into *611
So it is likely an issue like the sim card needs to be removed and put back in, or the phone restarted.
Give those a try and then let us know the error message you are getting.
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

Even if your account is out of minutes you should still be able to call into *611
So it is likely...

I went abroad for 2 months and I'm trying to renew my base plan But I can't call *611
Userlevel 6
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

Hmmmm. If you havent topped up the account in 90 days you will need an entirely new sim card. They are single use only and when not used for 90 days they are burnt. 
You'll have to pick up a new card.
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

Thanks Mitch!
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

They send me an email to topped up until March 26, 2016 but I think it's already burnt.
Userlevel 5
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

Hey Nell,

Have you tried to login to your Self-Serve account? You should be able to top up your account online.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

Have you tried making a call successfully? And is your problem solved?
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

I was able to topped up online but still can't make a call....
Userlevel 5
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

Hey Nell,

Did you purchase a Talk Booster after topping up your account? Please note that you might need to renew your Base Plan first to be able to add Booster add-ons.

Keep us posted!
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

Im having the same problem I cant call or recive calling
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

Julie, can you start a new thread please? Then we can troubleshoot your problem more easily 🙂

Edit, oops, guess you did....... https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/why-cant-i-do-no-calling-on-my-cellphone
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

i am having the same problem my account is active have a base plan paid for, i can check voicemail, i can't call or receive calls or texts.

Badge +4
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

Hi Linda, You'll need to check if you have enough minutes available to make or receive calls by logging into self serve prepaid. If everything checks out there, then we can ask the moderators of this community if there are any system glitches that might be preventing customers from making/receiving calls or text messages.
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

rikkster, I have a prepaid $25.00 base plan, my base plan is active I checked my account it says I am good till december 5 , 2015, and then it says I need to add another $25.00 , I just upped my base plan on November 7, 2016. My plan is good, I do not need to add more money i did not request to change my plan....capiche! 
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

Rikkster, I really needed to make a call to my mother who is 92 yrs old , shes alone, shes legally blind and sick , your system is definitely got a glitch. 😞
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

sorry for the error it should read December 5, 2016.  rikkster, I have a prepaid $25.00 base plan, my base plan is active I checked my account it says I am good till december 5 , 2016, and then it says I need to add another $25.00 , I just upped my base plan on November 7, 2016. My plan is good, I do not need to add more money i did not request to change my plan....capiche
Badge +4
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

Can you post a screenshot of the Overview page from self serve, please? Do not include any information that identifies you personally. Thanks.
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

yes i can post a screenshot....give me a minute.
Badge +4
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

You probably can't do it now, I wasn't aware the system is down for maintenance. When they're back up and running later this morning, post a screenshot whenever you get the chance.
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

i am trying to access the koodo prepaid site but it's down

Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

Rikkster, ok i will post it when the site is up later, thanks.
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

I cannot access my Koodo account. There is a problem with my bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mitchell Palmater wrote:

So it is likely...

Can you start a new thread please, Christine? It would be easier to troubleshoot in there, thanks 🙂