Koodo Community
Question

Why have I been charged twice for a prepaid phone activation that did not even work?

• 10 March 2017
  • 2 replies

Last night I tried activating a prepaid account and went through the whole process until payment. Once I clicked activate, the transaction has not seemed to work; therfore, i was redirected towards the prepaid activation page to start the process all again. The second time, my server had timed out, forcing me to start over, not having received any phone number of some sort. However, I went over to my bank account to then see that i was charged twice by Koodo for an activation transaction that had not even worked on Koodo's site. So I tried to login on my profile, which I had validated through my email, and i wasn't able to login for some reason, despite having the good password. Any clues? 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Alex, sounds odd! I don't think that two accounts were created under your name, as the second activation would have not gone through if you used the same SIM card.  I tried searching for an active account under the email address that you provided, but can't find any.  Did you receive any confirmation email from us of some sort? Perhaps in your junk mail? Also, when you insert the SIM card are you getting any service? Keep us posted! - Melissa 
Hey Alex, sounds odd! I don't think that two accounts were created under your name, as the second...Hi, thanks for answering quickly! I haven't received a confirmation email, but I did receive a verification email for my self-serve account, which I was able to verify but not login into afterwards. When I insert the sim card, my phone asks me for a sim unlock code, which I will purchase for my device once i can get my account activated.