Koodo Community

Community

Solved

why dose extended warentee s cover cost of phone and not the phone its self

i have a galaxy ace i bought on black friday extended sale from one of them big wal spaces it was originally $149. i paid $25.00 . plus extended warentee . i have broken the charger port . and appearently my extended warentee only covers the " " of the phone and not the phone its self . what do i do

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Go back over your warranty and see what's covered or not.

I will tell you that port damage such as you're describing is usually considered physical damage. Physical damage typically isn't covered so your only option would be to buy a replacement device at your cost.
So because I took advantage of a great deal I should take the loss!! Oh and also the diagram on the chargers are up side down I bought 2 of these phones .
Userlevel 7
Steven Williams wrote:

So because I took advantage of a great deal I should take the loss!! Oh and also the diagram on t...

Sorry, there is no magic wand that makes the warranty cover what it doesn't.
I know what to do ill buy a charging pad for it . All together still be cheaper than new phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Steven Williams wrote:

I know what to do ill buy a charging pad for it . All together still be cheaper than new phone

To use a charging QI charging pad the device needs to have wireless charging which that phone does not unfortunately.
Userlevel 7
I had a similar issue with my S2 and went to external batteries and charger.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I dont understand. The extended warranty should cover the phone and not the cost of the phone. https://shop.koodomobile.com/phones/models/index.html Where did you get the extended warranty? If it through a 3rd party retailer or your credit card? If so, you need to speak with them since it's not Koodo's extended warranty program