Koodo Community
Question

Why doesn't the Samsung Galaxy SII X have the 'check for updates' option?

(empty)

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to use Samsung KIES suite software on your PC & connect the phone to your PC & download the update to your PC then transfer it to the phone. Jelly Bean will probably be the final version of Android the Galaxy S2x will see because it is limited by only having 1GB of RAM & the OS idles at over half a gig of RAM. No wallpaper comes by default on all devices running any version of Android. If your looking for certain wallpapers check the Google Store.
You have to use Samsung KIES suite software on your PC & connect the phone to your PC & download ...I know, but why wasn't the over the air update functionality implemented into the Galaxy SII X? And after updating to Jellybean (whenever it is released), via Kies, will this functionality become available to this device? I know many other Galaxy S2s from different providers have this feature available (T-Mobile just released Ice Cream Sandwich v.4.0.4 OTA). Why not make both, Kies and OTA methods available for updating the OS? (Like iPhone has iTunes update as well as OTA).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to use Samsung KIES suite software on your PC & connect the phone to your PC & download ...They do have both options for most other devices Samsung makes except the S2 why they did this I'm not sure and nobody but Samsung will know why they did it that way. I don't think it will change because it won't receive any more updates after this next one unless it's to fix bugs so there is no point in switching it now. I've had a few Samsung Android devices & Never had to use KIES, all updates have come over the air so it's not something you'll see after the S2 series probably.
You have to use Samsung KIES suite software on your PC & connect the phone to your PC & download ...But see, the option to update OTA is available for other variants of the Galaxy S2. T-Mobile released v.4.0.4 of the ice cream sandwich update a week ago, over the air for its customers. Here is a video that shows how to use OTA update for the German variant of the Galaxy S2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re1z-VIyga4 I think that Telus/Koodo disabled the OTA update feature of the Galaxy S2 X for some reason (correct me if I'm wrong here), as other variants of the S2 have OTA as well as Kies, and the owner of the device can choose how they would like to update the phone. So, I was wondering if the OTA update feature would ever be enabled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to use Samsung KIES suite software on your PC & connect the phone to your PC & download ...All the Canadian versions I've seen go over KIES so it's not just Koodo
Userlevel 2
On Samsung Galaxy S2, go to settings and select option "check for updates"
On Samsung Galaxy S2, go to settings and select option "check for updates"See, that's the thing. There is no "check for updates" option. I want to know why it isn't available. The only way to update is via Kies.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
On Samsung Galaxy S2, go to settings and select option "check for updates"Go to Samsungs Facebook Page & ask them there, that's the only possible way you'll find out and probably won't there either. If you do and they let you know then come back here and let us know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
On Samsung Galaxy S2, go to settings and select option "check for updates"That's weird as hell how they have the OTA update in that video and it looks nothing like any update I've ever seen. You never have to put in your email like that. I even updated 2 original Galaxy Notes which are pretty much the exact same device just bigger OTA & you just click it and click yes.. They must have sped the footage up also because updating takes much much longer than that, weird video.
On Samsung Galaxy S2, go to settings and select option "check for updates"It isn't just the video, there are many different countries where the OTA option is available for the Galaxy S2. Is there some regional restriction that doesn't allow Canadian Galaxy S2s to update OTA?
so now Bell and Virgin Has come up with Jelly Bean update on Samsun Galaxy S2, when Koodo is going to provide update to its customers
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
so now Bell and Virgin Has come up with Jelly Bean update on Samsun Galaxy S2, when Koodo is goin...http://teamandroidcanada.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/jelly-bean-updates-begin-to-roll-out-for-samsungs-top-tier-2011-lineup/
so now Bell and Virgin Has come up with Jelly Bean update on Samsun Galaxy S2, when Koodo is goin...That is what I have written earlier. I am just wondering when Koodo plans to roll out this update
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
so now Bell and Virgin Has come up with Jelly Bean update on Samsun Galaxy S2, when Koodo is goin...There's no point asking here because they won't say. I have my ear to the ground so just keep an eye on my website or even Samsung's. what Samsung has said is pretty much all the info you'll get till it happens.