Koodo Community

Community

Why does my volume keep shutting off

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you give more details and tell us what phone you're using?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have do not disturb enabled for a specific time possibly
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Do you have do not disturb enabled for a specific time possibly

Nope
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well like Goran said can you explain a little more like when this happens and what your doing when it happens ect, that will help us identify the issue?
So every time I click on anything my volume shuts off on mute even when it's just sitting there I'm not doing anything with it it goes straight to mute
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nath Héroux wrote:

So every time I click on anything my volume shuts off on mute even when it's just sitting there I...

What phone are you using?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nath Héroux wrote:

So every time I click on anything my volume shuts off on mute even when it's just sitting there I...

What phone was it? was it under warranty?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have a case on the phone try removing the case and see if it still occurs.
Also tap the volume down button vigorously incase there's something stuck in there or sticky around it.
If that doesn't solve the issue
Try uninstalling any apps you've downloaded right before this began occurring.
If that doesn't solve the issue back up your contacts, photos ect and perform a factory reset and set up as a fresh device.
I thought this phone was supposed to be simple.  Theree is no ringing when call comes in.  The voiice volume is also very low and hard to hear. I do not have a case for it, and it is usually in my purse or on the table.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
babs wrote:

I thought this phone was supposed to be simple.  Theree is no ringing when call comes in.&nb...

Turn bluetooth off and make sure the call volume is all the way up. Most phones split their volumes into different segments. (One for notifications, one for calls, one for media, etc.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
babs wrote:

I thought this phone was supposed to be simple.  Theree is no ringing when call comes in.&nb...

What phone do you have Barb?
babs wrote:

LG ANDROID
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
babs wrote:

What kind of LG? G5, G6, K4, etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
babs wrote:

Go on LG's website (there's somewhere on Koodo as well I believe) and download the users manual for your phone. The basics might be harder to find on YouTube but check out YouTube and search your phone model and issue and you'll find videos helping you along the way of learning your device Barbra it's an excellent source for learning anything new I use it all the time for projects I'm unsure about and it's come in handy more times than I can count so definitely worth a try.