Koodo Community

Community

Solved

why does moto g battery not charge

Userlevel 1
if the lap top cover is closed? Our other cell phones charge off the lap top regardless if cover is open OR closed.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Same thing happens to me. iPhone and the G both plugged in. Laptop goes to sleep and iPhone stays charging but not the G. Hmm... Weird
Userlevel 1
Maybe the laptop cuts power to a minimum level when it goes to sleep which is below the threshold for the Moto G
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mo D. wrote:

Maybe the laptop cuts power to a minimum level when it goes to sleep which is below the threshold...

That seems to be the case. There is enough power going to it that it won't turn off the phone. But not enough to say it's charging either. I say leave it plugged it and see if it actually charges the phone. It might. Only way to find out is to test it
Userlevel 7
Maybe try a different USB port?
Userlevel 1
Daniel Kim wrote:

Maybe try a different USB port?

Tried that makes no difference.
Userlevel 7
Use a wall adapter charger instead, as it has a higher amperage. Laptops will barely charge the phone; even less so when the laptop is on sleep.
Userlevel 1
Well if other Moto G's do same thing, its just nature of the phone, not defect issue. When I use AC adapter with Air Plane Mode (best Koodo TIP ever) I'm full charge or in the 90's AFTER 20minutes, which I think is awesome. Thank You to everyone, for help, tips and suggestions.