Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why does koodo not have better data deals??

9 replies

Userlevel 7
The prices are all the same on national carriers right now, so they need to differentiate themselves and Koodo has these major differences: Great network quality (Telus), robust Self Serve tools, customer satisfaction awards, marketing and systems simplicity, won't force a plan change for upgrades, unlock phones for $35, including stuff that's not your own (if you're a new customer), and the people in this community. Virgin has member benefits but their support isn't very good, all existing SuperTab members are being forced to change their plan in order to upgrade, and the online tool isn't as helpful; Fido's network isn't as reliable as Telus/Koodo and they charge $25 admin fee for upgrading your phone too.
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

The prices are all the same on national carriers right now, so they need to differentiate themsel...

TELUS network is slower than Bell and Rogers. Bell and TELUS share towers, so they have the same coverage but Bell (Virgin) offers faster data. I really don't understand how Koodo earns those customer satisfaction awards, it's better than Fido/Rogers Bell/Virgin but it's not that good, it's just hype and TELUS' customer service is way better than Koodo of course since they're the real deal. Fido charges $25 for upgrading your phone, Koodo charges you for calling the customer service and asking how they're today!
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

The prices are all the same on national carriers right now, so they need to differentiate themsel...

Not true, Koodo only charges to make changes on your account the you can do yourself via selfserve Do you have data that shows koodo and telus are slower? Link please.
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2425457,00.asp and I've also experienced it myself. TELUS has very little spectrum. Even their website says that they have very little spectrum but almost the same amount of customers as Rogers and more customers than Bell which means a congested, slower network and they can't even offer LTE-A yet!
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

It's never been slower for me... and I was talking more about reliability.
Userlevel 7
Data is in demand and as long as it is, the price we will pay for using it will continue to rise. When data is no longer in demand, prices will fall (aka never). In the future traditional voice over the cellular radio will be obsolete and we will all not talk over VoLTE, further increasing the demand for data.
Userlevel 3
I agree with this completely. Over the past year or so we have seen drastic rises in prices and a reduction in the service most people use the most (data). it would be nice to see a good promotional plan implemented in the near future such as unlimited nation wide talk, text and 5gb of data including voicemail and caller ID for $60 - 80 would be great. It's not like the 6gb plan for $60 from a year or two ago (that sadly I missed) but it would still be a nice plan for mine and many others upcoming phone upgrades.
Userlevel 1
Andrew wrote:

I agree with this completely. Over the past year or so we have seen drastic rises in prices and a...

Move to MB/SK if you want cheaper data. There's real competition in MB/SK so the Big 3 has to offer cheaper plans there!
Userlevel 3
Andrew wrote:

I agree with this completely. Over the past year or so we have seen drastic rises in prices and a...

Lol moving just for that would be silly, I'd rather just use wifi. All I'm saying is they should offer a GOOD promotional plan again.