Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why does Koodo not ever offer long time and good standing customers deals on new phones?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not sure but it is an industry standard with few exceptions. Best buy sometimes gives deals for existing consumers with multiple carriers but it's not too often.
Goran wrote:

I'm not sure but it is an industry standard with few exceptions. Best buy sometimes gives deals f...

Telus.....which as far as I know, owns Koodo, offers its customers deals all the time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

I'm not sure but it is an industry standard with few exceptions. Best buy sometimes gives deals f...

An exception to the rule does not nullify it. I personally wouldn't call it deals offered a the time unless they really stepped it up in the last couple of years because I didn't see them often when I was with them. All th sub brands are different from their parent companies, although at this point the only thing Fido is missing from Rogers is share plans. I'm not not fan of no deals deals existing customers but choosing between the price points of Telus and Koodo I'd say you still com out ahead without the deals.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Addendum: Koodo does sometimes send custom deals to individual people. I've seen the tab write-off people mention on here for a new phone kick in at o month t go and over a year to go with a couple hundred off a ne phone. I've been offered scraps for obviously old inventory phones to be 130 off personally but that's it. The algorithm fo who gets how much is a mystery to us all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Telus.....which as far as I know, owns Koodo, offers its customers deals all the time If you want a deal on a phone, become a Telus customer; if you want a deal on your monthly rates, be a Koodo customer.
Userlevel 1
Goran wrote:

Hello there, 

We do offer discounts to all of our customers, like promotional plans or phone discounts, you can find all of them on our website, we recommend to visit it frequently to not miss out on anything.

Hope this helps ! 
Goran wrote:

Quick question: are these deals only offered to existing customers or long standing customers? I have asked multiple times and the kiosks what incentive do I have to stay with koodo, and all they can offer me are the same deals that new customers walking off the street can get. So are these online deals different. 
The Koodo phone even at the regular rate of $20/month is still less then half of bell or easlink and most other regular phone services, and that is not even including koodos free across canada calling ...  How much more can anyone ask ???

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gill wrote:

The Koodo phone even at the regular rate of $20/month is still less then half of bell or easlink ...

The wireless home phone wasn't even around when this thread was created.
Userlevel 1
Gill wrote:

The Koodo phone even at the regular rate of $20/month is still less then half of bell or easlink ...

How did you even find this dead Post..
Userlevel 6
Gill wrote:

@Allan Koodo WHP was launched region by region. Koodo WHP was launched first in Eastern Canada a year ago then SK/MB, and finally BC/AB. Here’s a post I’ve referenced: https://mobilesyrup.com/2016/06/07/koodo-customers-in-ontario-and-atlantic-provinces-can-now-purchase-a-wireless-home-phone/ I remember having a friend who live in Ontario tell me about Koodo WHP way before we’ve seen it in AB.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gill wrote:

It was out for a couple months then. My main point was that this is an old thread having nothing to do with the WHP.