Koodo Community
Question

Why do I keep seeing MY last text message whenever someone texts me?

This has happened since I installed the update on my Samsung S8+. Every time I send a text and I receive a response, the notification that pops up on my screen is my last text to them. For example: I send my bro a text: "You hungry?" He'll respond "heck yah!" but the notification that pops up on my screen is his response: [my name] "You hungry?". I have to actually go into our message chain to see his response text. How do I stop this???

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Which text messaging app are you using?
You may need to check the settings there to see if something has changed
The one that came with my phone? It just says Messages. I never went to Playstore to get a different one. .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The one that came with my phone? It just says Messages. I never went to Playstore to get a different one. .
Ok then you need to go into your Messages settings and dig around. There could be something there that changed. Specifically the notification settings
I have done plenty digging...I've Googled, asked other S8plus-ers, this place is my last resort. My text back is almost acting like a read receipt, as the person responds, my text pops up. However, I am unable to find anything about read reports or read receipts since the new update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try a different messaging app and see if the issue persists.

You can also go into your settings>Apps>Messages>Memory
And here you can clear your cache and data, Note that if you do this you will lose all your past messages