Koodo Community

Community

Why do I have a voicemail notification? I just set up the base plan of texting with the 1gig data booster.

I now have a voicemail notification on my screen even though I have never had any calling tI'm on this sim card. It's a totally new pay as you go sim card in my samsung A5. Tried calling voicemail from home phone but got message that is not set up and have to do that from the cell, which I can't do cause I don't have a talk booster. Any help? ?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi Melissa,

This voicemail notification must be a reminder to make sure you do not forget to configure your voicemail. When you'll have a talk booster on your plan, please call your voicemail and you'll be fine.

Thanks! 

Nabil wrote:

Hi Melissa,

This voicemail notification must be a reminder to make sure you do not forget to con...

Is there any way to get rid of it without the talk booster? I don't need or want talk time but the notification is driving me crazy!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nabil wrote:

Hi Melissa,

This voicemail notification must be a reminder to make sure you do not forget to con...

No. For security reasons, it needs to be done from the device to which the account is attached. I believe you can solve it for $5, and have a few minutes available for other important calls.