Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why do I get charged 5$ every couple of days for data, even though I did not reach my 1gb limit tat tat time?

Essentially, I get charged every other day 5$ for going over some kind of arbitrary limits of data (couldn't find a pattern to it).  Why is that?  I have a 1gb data plan, I used 2.5 gig, I was expecting to be charged for 2.5 gb, turns out I'm charged 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think the overage is somewhere between 5-10$ for every 500 Mb you go over. So that's why you're getting charged on different days!
That would be fine, if it was actually 500mb pattern.  Right now, I got charged 35$ for going over from 1gb to 2.5.  Let's assume 3gb (it might be 2501mb, which they would charge an extra 5$).  That would be an extra 1gb or 1.5 gb, which is 2 or 3 times 5$, which would cost me 10/15$, not 35$ extra...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alexandre Ouellet wrote:

That would be fine, if it was actually 500mb pattern.  Right now, I got charged 35$ for goin...

If, however, your overage rate was $5 per 250 MB, then 1.5 GB would be $5 * 6 =$30. If you drew a few more MB, it would be $35, all added as you consumed 250 MB chunks.
Alexandre Ouellet wrote:

That would be fine, if it was actually 500mb pattern.  Right now, I got charged 35$ for goin...

Hmm..looking through the details, it would appear that it is indeed 5$/250mb, but it would go contrary to what the salesman told me, which was actually 5$/500mb.  Is there any way to contest the charges and report the salesman?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What is the overage rate on your plan? It would make it easier to determine if there's some sort of wrong charge done on your line.