Koodo Community

Community

Why cannot Koodo operates like Wind network or Mobilicity

I wish Koodo operates like Wind or Mobilicity because these networks have free unlimited call packages and internet packages.

4 replies

I wish they can
Userlevel 5
Koodo is a subsidiary of Telus. Wind and Mobilicity can be considered as 'start ups'. Additionally, as they don't have the coverage established networks have (Big 3), they need have a solid value-proposition to win new customers (low price, lots of features) That being said, I do agree that we need to say more competition in the Canadian marketplace as ultimately, as it stands, only the Big 3 are playing (most brands are under them i.e., Fido, Chatr, Virgin).
Userlevel 5
Im very glad Koodo doesn't operate like Mobilicity. Unless something has changed, the last news I heard about mobilicity is they are asking for creditor protection again as they are basically circling the drain. I think I read that they are even starting to shut down cell sites. And while Wind is doing better than mobilicity, they have been transferred around a bit and struggle with network coverage right now. Which will be a challenge since they couldn't afford to participate in the recent spectrum auction. And one thing to keep in mind is that while wind has "unlimited internet", it falls under their fair usage policy. So after you use a certain amount they start throttling your speed down to where it makes it pretty slow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

Im very glad Koodo doesn't operate like Mobilicity. Unless something has changed, the last news I...

Also when you leave winds "home zones" you are paying for your data per use as its not covered under the unlimited data clause. So you leave the time wind zone area they have and watch your bill skyrocket quickly.