Koodo Community
Question

Why can't I send MMS's with my Koodo Prepaid?

• 8 September 2013
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

Hi, I am a new koodo prepaid customer and new user of a Alcatel PIXI 4 (running android marshmallow). I can see that even while using wifi and sending text messages under 140 words, 1mb of data is being used per text message. 

I would like to adjust my APN type setting to "MMS only" as  Paul Deschamps recommend so I don't incur these data charges; however, when I click on APN type it gives me a field to type in, should I then type in "MMS only" ?   

Also, do I need to change any other settings in here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi, I am a new koodo prepaid customer and new user of a Alcatel PIXI 4 (running android marshmall...As a prepaid customer you can not incur additional charges . Your data must be turned on. If you don't have a data booster you won't use data for anything other than MMS Edit: that being said just input MMS into the apn type
Hi, I am a new koodo prepaid customer and new user of a Alcatel PIXI 4 (running android marshmall...I do pay for the smallest data booster only for the purposes of using the bitcoin atm on a secure network, which I will do only once or twice a month. Also I suppose I would use it in an emergency situation. The rest of the time I'm in front of a computer or in a location where I'm comfortable using wifi. So I don't want to waste the data booster on texting, I previously used an old phone with SMS. I will try what you recommend here. Thx!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi, I am a new koodo prepaid customer and new user of a Alcatel PIXI 4 (running android marshmall...There is a similar topic  relating to MMS only setttings: https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/i-need-some-help-setting-up-my-phone-to-use-sms-mms-b...

However, it might not work for everyone, but you could try. When you need data, you would have to reset APN again.

I would suggest you just setup APN normally, and turn it off when you don't need. You could always turn on when you send MMS and use data.
Hi, I am a new koodo prepaid customer and new user of a Alcatel PIXI 4 (running android marshmall...Thanks, I just unchecked "SMS auto switch to MMS" in the advanced tab of the messenger settings. So I am just using good old SMS now to text which is all I need! 🙂