Koodo Community
Solved

why can't I send a pic via text msg. in Wi-Fi in had to turn on my phone data in order to send it????

• 11 March 2014
  • 3 replies

Galaxy S3
icon

Best answer by Dennis 11 March 2014, 02:25

Picture messaging requires your cellular data. You won't be charged for the data use. However if you background apps uses data you will be on the hook for that. I advise connecting to a strong wifi connection when you turn your data on in order to avoid data leakage from apps unknowingly updating
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Picture messaging requires your cellular data. You won't be charged for the data use. However if you background apps uses data you will be on the hook for that. I advise connecting to a strong wifi connection when you turn your data on in order to avoid data leakage from apps unknowingly updating

I have been told that by koodo tech svcs before. However, several times in the past with various phones when I push it and keep asking why I am using data when the texting is supposed to be unlimited picture and video along with text I get passed around from person to person until someone apparently remembers that a code can be set on the Koodo end of the account which allows pics and video to be sent and received without turning cell data on. Every time I change phones it seems to take several calls and talking to multiple people before I find someone who can do it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have been told that by koodo tech svcs before. However, several times in the past with various phones when I push it and keep asking why I am using data when the texting is supposed to be unlimited picture and video along with text I get passed around from person to person until someone apparently remembers that a code can be set on the Koodo end of the account which allows pics and video to be sent and received without turning cell data on. Every time I change phones it seems to take several calls and talking to multiple people before I find someone who can do it.

Incorrect. There is no mystical code that will allow mms messages to be sent without using cellular data. There is, however, a data block add on, which will, for $2 a month, allow pictures messaging while blocking cellular data for all other purposes.