Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why can't I change my plan online?

Why can't I change my plan? I've been trying to change to the $28 light plan for a month. I've gone online from 3 different devices (two mobile and a laptop) and been told "buying online will be avaible in the near future." I went to 2 different Koodo kiosks and was told to call costumer service. I just spent like an hour on hold with costumer service and gave up. My phone is a Moto G. I got in November 2014.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Currently, if you want to get access you the new plans you have to follow the following 2 steps: 1) Pay off your Koodo tab (If any) 2) Contact Koodo using *611 from your Koodo phone or 1-866-995-6636 from a non-Koodo phone and speak with a customer service representative. They will assist in you getting a new plan. Unfortunately, there is no way around this and you must call Koodo to get the switch made. There will be no charge, as currently you can’t switch to the new plans through self serve. Hope this helps!
Mathieu wrote:

Currently, if you want to get access you the new plans you have to follow the following 2 steps: ...

We should be able to access our plan online and even be able to change the plan online without spending hours trying to get ahold of customer service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Currently, if you want to get access you the new plans you have to follow the following 2 steps: ...

Firstly, you are reviving an old thread that has already been answered so if yoy have any further questions or comments please make a new thread. Secondly, you can access your plan online and change it online given you have no tab balance. (This is part of the contract you agree to when you get a new phone). This is why you shouldn't read an old thread and revive it as we have old information mixing with new.
Mathieu wrote:

Where do I find my plan i searched your site and could not find my plan or anyway to change my plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Login to self serve, click "View rate plan". Then from here you can see all the details of your plan and change to a new one as well.
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

You can change your plan even if you have a tab balance. Old tab customers will see the old plans available.
Mathieu wrote:

Funny cant find view rate plan from self serve

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Are you on prepaid or postpaid?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Are you on prepaid or postpaid?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Prepaid:

Highlighted part shows your plan and click the "Change Base Plan" to change your plan available from the home page.

Postpaid:

When you first login you will be greated by these 3 purple buttons in the center of the page. "View rate plan" is on the bottom.
Why do I have I pay off my tab? I've switched plans in the past without paying off my tab.
Userlevel 7
Emily Raskauskas wrote:

Why do I have I pay off my tab? I've switched plans in the past without paying off my tab.

Because koodo changed the tab system on April 19th and the new plans aren't compatiable with the old tab system.
Emily Raskauskas wrote:

That is unfair, a soon I will paid my tabs I will cancell my account
Userlevel 7
Emily Raskauskas wrote:

Why do you feel this is unfair?
Emily Raskauskas wrote:

Why would you not think this is unfair? People's needs change all the time. The flexibility in this regard is the main reason I've stayed with koodo for the past 5 years. Unfortunately if this is the only solution to plan changes, I too will be leaving koodo. Even the contract company's allow plan changes as needs change. What kind of business angle is this and how does it benefit the customer??
Userlevel 7
Emily Raskauskas wrote:

The new tabs simply won't work with the old system. And because when you refinance, you're starting a new 24 month term. You can not start a new 24month term without ending your old term (thanks CRTC). Because of this the new plans give discounts that you don't qualify for in the old tab. So in order to use the new tab system or plans, you'll need pay it off first.
Both of our accounts have credit tab balances and we still can't change our plans. The self service on this site sucks and Koodo apparently doesn't recognize their hours of operation. It is 8 am Mountain time and they are supposed to open at 9 Eastern still closed tho. Best get their site info fixed.

Userlevel 7
Karrie Dwight Strohan wrote:

Both of our accounts have credit tab balances and we still can't change our plans. The self servi...

The toll free customer service lines are time zone dependent. Unless you call the non toll free number, you'll get the service center closest to your time zone.

You need to call in still to get your accounts eligible for the new plans.

Both of our accounts have credit tab balances and we still can't change our plans. The self servi...

I also stayed with koodos for the flexibility in being able to change my plan online. This is horrible and I do not see how people are happy about this. I will be looking at other companies too and see what else is out there now. Ive been with koodos for as long as i remember.....time to check out the other companies and see if they have better online services and plans.
Userlevel 6

@Jon: you're reviving an old thread. Feel free to shop around. Koodo may not always be the cheapest on a monthly basis but they're the only ones to my knowledge who offer activation credits when putting a phone on subsidy, which in turn yields a much cheaper buy-out than with other carriers.