Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why can I not connect to a network in the usa?

I have a Galaxie s5, put the phone in airplane mode while flying to Washinton DC. When I landed I took the phone out of airplane mode and it worked fine but showed I was roaming (of course). I recieved the texts from koodo with the roaming plans (and the welcome to the USA... nice touch), chose the 30tnt plan, texted the code, recieved the confirmation that the plan was now active......

NOW I can't connect to ANY network... Help please!   The phone is not in airplane mode. It sees AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. I have lots of signal strength. Select automatically doesn't connect to anything. Manual selection doesn't connect. The phone just will not connect to a network and it happened the minute I bought the roaming plan.....now I can't even call Koodo for help.. So ... help?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Turn it off turn it on See if that helps
urn it off turn it on See if that helps
Restarted the phone... no change
Turned the phone off waited 10 min... no change
Took the battery and sim card out , waited 10 min, put back together..... no change
Checked network mode... it's LTE/WCDMA/GSM so that's correct...
Userlevel 7
Greg Bailey wrote:

Took the battery...

Are you on the spending limit program?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Greg Bailey wrote:

Took the battery...

Still seems off to be roaming until the point where a roaming package was chosen.
Userlevel 4
Do you have the international roaming checked?

Userlevel 4
Hi Greg! Are you still unable to connect to the USA network?

If so, try this: in your Mobile Networks Settings, select "GSM only". If that doesn't work, let us know.