Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why Are There No Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Phones Available At Koodo Stores?

I went to a koodomobile store today, and I told them I wanted to buy the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. They said they don't have it, which was really surprising to me, since it's listed online. What is up with that? When will it be available? I also looked at Best Buy, London Drugs, Telus, and various places, and they did not have any unlocked phones.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The only unlocked phone you'll find from carriers is the Nexus models. As far as the S6 Edge Samsung underestimated how well it would sell and is playing catch up with production at the moment and it's hard to find on any carrier not just Koodo it's worldwide. All you can do is keep checking back or check Koodo kiosks out of town but close enough you could take a drive there.
Userlevel 7
Same thing happened with the iPhone 6/6+ at launch; stock of a flagship Apple or Samsung device is usually hard to find at the beginning since there's a limited # available but it gets better over time. Just gotta play the waiting game.
Userlevel 7
I loved you in "The Big Lebowski"
It is sad that most other carriers have them in stock including Wind, Rogers, Bell, and Telus but not one to be found at KOODO...
Userlevel 7
Night Crawler wrote:

It is sad that most other carriers have them in stock including Wind, Rogers, Bell, and Telus but...

That may be store/region specific and doesn't apply to the carrier as a whole.
Night Crawler wrote:

It is sad that most other carriers have them in stock including Wind, Rogers, Bell, and Telus but...

It maybe But in an area such as I live in which is Toronto I am kind of use to being able to get the cool new toys as they come out I just wish Koodo was a little higher up the food chain so they could get some stock not scraps