Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why am I paying for tab when I have monthly bill/contract?

I have a monthly bill (2 year contract). So I thought I didn't have a tab. Although there seems to be $5 extra charges on my bill that goes to a tab? Please help me understand this and why I am paying for something that doesn't seem to help me.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
When did you start with koodo? The 5$ is likely tan medium in which koodo pays 15% towards your phone and you pay 5$ per month until the phone is paid for. It could also just be your part of the new tab system.

Let me know when you started as it will help me help you. Oh and koodo doesn't have traditional contracts.
I started it in August 2014. I don't know why I didn't notice sooner :S. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Megan Whitman wrote:

I started it in August 2014. I don't know why I didn't notice sooner :S. Thanks!

Yup so you're on Tab Medium. Koodo and you are slowly paying off your phone. The 5$ will drop off once your phone is paid for. Koodo will continue to contribute to your account until you have a +150$ balance which you can use towards a newer device.
Megan Whitman wrote:

Thanks. When I got my phone I was getting it for $0. Does that mean that the phone wasn't actually $0?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Megan Whitman wrote:

It's $0 upfront.
But you only pay $120 for $300 phone after 24 month with the Tab M.
If you want to upgrade your phone now, you will pay your phone cost 100%.  
Userlevel 7
Megan Whitman wrote:

To answer your question, no the phone wasnt actually $0. The actual price of the phone is put onto a tab and the $5 tab charge is used to help pay off the tab (along with 15% of your bill, but Koodo provides that, you arent charged extra). After 24 months, the charge will no longer appear on your bill.