Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why am I accumulating a positive tab balance?

I received a new phone for Christmas as a.gift, and around the same time my tab balance became $0. When I went to get a new sim card at the Koodo kiosk, I decided to change my old plan and the fellow at the Kiosk said because I brought my own phone (as opposed to buying one on the koodo tab), I would get a discount off my monthly plan equivalent to the amount they would have charged for the tab amount. After recently looking more closely at my monthly bill details, not only am I not getting a discount off my plan amount, I am also getting charged a 10% extra fee on top of my full plan amount which is accruing as a positive tab balance. I have no desire to use Koodo as a no-interest-paid savings account. Is this part of the new tab thing? If so, how do I opt out of it without having to call a customer service rep and getting a big service charge for the pleasure?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
So firstly the 10% you're seeing is paid entirely by Koodo and not by you. It can build up to a Max of +150

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like they applied the 10 percent to discount correctly and now it's no longer available.

I recommend you call customer service and discuss what your options are since we don't have access to your account here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

So firstly the 10% you're seeing is paid entirely by Koodo and not by you. It can build up to a ...

There should be no service charge since this is not something you can do in self serve, and from the sounds of it, it's an employee error.
Chad Burr wrote:

So firstly the 10% you're seeing is paid entirely by Koodo and not by you. It can build up to a ...

Actually, no, the 10% is not being paid by koodo. It is showing up as an addituonal charge over and above the cost of my plan amount and being added into my grand total at the bottom. I guess I will call Koodo and get this sorted out because it is clearly a screw up. Wish I had caught it before $60 worth of tab extras were charged to me. Thanks for the info Chad and Bob.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Wow that's super odd. Is there anyway you can post a screen shot of your bill showing that without your personal information?