Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Who do I contact for billing help?

I got charged $7 dollars and 50 cents for data I have not even used. I do not have a data plan. How do I go about taking it off of my bill. My billing cycle is from December 5th to January 6th. Is their a number I should call directly, I am currently on hold with the 611 support number but I have been on hold for 18 minutes and counting now.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Gordon,
If you don't have data included in your plan, your phone however, can still access data by itself. You would have to pay data by pay-per-use rate. That applies to postpaid (monthly) plans. Normally you would have to block data usage in your phone, and sometimes add the data-blocking add-on.

You could look into page 3,4 and see when and how much data you have used.

Dinh wrote:

Hi Gordon,
If you don't have data included in your plan, your phone however, can still access da...

Thank you, is their a way to take the charge off my account? Or do I have to wait until i get my bill officially by email to get it taken off?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Hi Gordon,
If you don't have data included in your plan, your phone however, can still access da...

The pay-per-use rate was written in your contract. Unless you had a very good reason for using data, they might not give you a courtesy credit.

For billing dispute, you would have to contact Koodo directly, either calling or through facebook. And wait time is long, unfortunately.
Dinh wrote:

Hi Gordon,

Ok thanks.
Dinh wrote:

Hi Gordon,

I will call them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Hi Gordon,

In order to have low waiting time, make sure you call first thing in the morning (+/- 9AM)