Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Which Samsung Note 3 is compatible with Koodo LTE? Is it the N9005? Thanks

I am looking to purchase an unlocked Samsung Note 3 to bring over to koodo, but I don't know which model to purchase. I want to have LTE/4G capability if possible. I think it might be the model N9005? Please advise! Thanks!

16 replies

Userlevel 5
I'd assume it's whatever model Telus got, unfortunately I am having issues confirming what it's model is via Google.
Thanks Guys, I have been searching to get the exact model number but I can't find it listed anywhere...
Userlevel 5
Nohl Reiser wrote:

Thanks Guys, I have been searching to get the exact model number but I can't find it listed anywh...

No problem. I do see on Telus's website that it supports the LTE bands, and since Telus owns Koodo it would be fine, just no model number.
Nohl Reiser wrote:

Thanks Guys, I have been searching to get the exact model number but I can't find it listed anywh...

hello, do i need to unlock the note 3 first before activating it on koodo? and im planning to go for vacay(philippines) can i use it? thank u guys
Nohl Reiser wrote:

I use the Note 3 on Koodo and mine is the SM-N900W8 32GB model and it works great, It is unlocked also, mine displays both the LTE / 4G depending on the location. I have used it for about 5 months and never had any issues. Going to get the Note 4 soon as it's available then sell the Note 3
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From what I'm seeing yes the Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005 will work on Koodo's frequencies
Badge +4
Found some info on the Note 3 LTE on Samsung's UAE site. http://www.samsung.com/ae/consumer/mobile-phones/mobile-phones/galaxy-note/SM-N9005ZKEXSI
So after some digging I found the model number that best fits Telus/Koodo, Note 3 N900W8 GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 HSPA 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 @ 42 Mbps LTE 700 / 850 / 900 / 1700 / 2100 / 2600 @ 150 Mbps Thanks Guys
Nohl Reiser wrote:

So after some digging I found the model number that best fits Telus/Koodo, Note 3 N900W8 ...

But this version have exynos 5420 Processor and not the snapdragon 800... I was thinking all the North america version of the note 3 have the snapdragon Lte
hello, do i need to unlock the note 3 first before activating it on koodo? and im planning to go for vacay(philippines) can i use it? thank u guys
Userlevel 7
Noneth Mabini-Tabing wrote:

hello, do i need to unlock the note 3 first before activating it on koodo? and im planning to go ...

Yes, especially if you're traveling.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

hello, do i need to unlock the note 3 first before activating it on koodo? and im planning to go ...

You need to unlock it before it will work on Koodo unless your buying an factory unlocked model. If you pop in your Koodo Sim it will ask for an unlock code right away and won't let you use the phone till the code is entered.

oh ok. where here in canada can i buy factory unlock? do u know? thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I bought my factory unlocked Galaxy Note 2 from expansys.ca maybe check them out
I have a note 3 SM-N900 ( from India ) it works with Telus calling works , texting works and even the data (3g only) i was wondering if the Note 3 SM-N900 would work on koodo including Data ??? please reply quick thanks
Badge +4
Note3user wrote:

I have a note 3 SM-N900 ( from India ) it works with Telus calling works , texting works and even...

Koodo operates on the Telus network. You'll probably have to create a new APN so that your N3 will work correctly with Koodo. http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/data-basics/how-do-i-setup-data-on-my-non-koodo-phone