Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Which Carrier should i buy the note edge from to work on koodo

If i purchase a Note 4 Edge from another carrier to bring to Koodo which Carrier should i purchase it from so it will work on Koodo Network?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Any canadian carrier's Note 4 edge will work with Koodo. It just needs to be carrier unlocked first
The carrier options are Bell and Rogers
It looks like koodo will unlock it. Am I wrong with that assumption?
Also i am compairing the specs from roger and bell and they have different LTE bands, some same some different. so how can you say that they are both the same phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Neil Pfefferle wrote:

Also i am compairing the specs from roger and bell and they have different LTE bands, some same s...

It doesn't matter if they are the same phone or not. They will both work on koodo
Userlevel 5
The phone has to be unlocked by the Carrier you purchase it from. Koodo cannot unlock another Carriers phone.
Then Why on the koodo website state that bring us the phone we bring the muscle? and that koodo unlocks phones?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Spence is wrong. If you bring your own phone, Koood will unlock it unless it's an iPhone! This promo started thursday so it's normal that my friend here couldn't know. As to answer your question : here's the info for frequency bands http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koodo_Mobile#Networks
Userlevel 5
I stand corrected