Koodo Community

Where should I place my damaged phone after receiving replacement?

• 25 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey, I claimed my replacement for my damaged phone but I do not know where to place my damaged phone. I do not have a mailbox at my house.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm assuming you placed a claim with the extended warranty through Asurion?

There should be instructions, a return mailer, and prepaid way I'll to ship the old device back. Can't remember who they use to do their shipping. You can request pickups with some courriers but otherwise you'll have to travel to the nearest applicable drop off spot for that courrier to get it shipped back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Im a little surprised that they didnt ask you send in the damaged phone first :thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Im a little surprised that they didnt ask you send in the damaged phone first :thinking:

If its through asurion they get your cc number over the phone to pay the deductible for the new phone they send you and then they give you 15 days to return the broken phone once you get the one. If they don’t receive the old phone within the 15 days, they charge a non-returned equipment fee which ranges anywhere from $50-$1500.

A clever little way of giving you some time to transfer data need be but also to make sure they don’t get ripped off.