Koodo Community

Community

Solved

where did the email access go....

Anyone know why I can't access my KOS email account on my phonenow, when up to last week it was working?? KOS customer service said they had many clients reporting loss of access...seems to be Telus related

12 replies

Userlevel 2
I'm not even sure what a KOS email account is. I imagine it's some type of email account(realizing this sounds redundant). Mobile providers don't have a lot of sway when the actual email service goes down. If multiple KOS users are having the same thing, the issue is probably with the email service itself.
sorry--KOS is an online service, my email is with them. it's not on their end as I can access my mail just fine over the internet on my pc--apparently it's Telus, maybe shut down access to their port or something...
Userlevel 2
Do you happen to be with Koodo or Telus?
Koodo. but that means Telus, no?
Userlevel 4
Laurie Mc Burtt wrote:

Koodo. but that means Telus, no?

No. Koodo might be owned by Telus but it is still a separate company.
Userlevel 4
When you try to access email from them, what happens? Errors?
well, yes, I do understand that--but--the actual cell service is provided by Telus towers. and I fail to see how this is helping with my question. I, a koodo customer, with a samsung galaxy 2, can no longer access my mail with my phone. When I asked my internet provider what gives, they answered that they had been getting the same story fropm Telus customers (larger base than KOODO, they didn't know koodo). through what they could see, the cell provider (Telus) must have made a change to block their (kos') particualr port numbers...
sorry Tyler, didn't see your reply--I get a service not available when in email. When I try via internet on my phone, it comes up with a server not available. no problems when I go there on my pc
well, that's really strange...mail magically turned back on--just got a flood of them...hasn't worked since last week. someone opened a port or something. thanks for your assistance.
Userlevel 4
Laurie Mc Burtt wrote:

well, that's really strange...mail magically turned back on--just got a flood of them...hasn't wo...

I would contact the email provider and verify the incoming port and port numbers. Sometimes there is a slight change that can affect email from a 3rd party. As for the previous post, no problem lol it happens. I wasn't avoiding the original question, my daughter wanted me to answer her phone 😛 You never say no two a child when they give you a plastic phone lol so for that reason I was unable to continue.
No worries, kids first, always 🙂 Email seems to be back now, so whatever change was made, seems to have been adjusted to allow my service provider...thanks again for your help
Userlevel 4
Laurie Mc Burtt wrote:

No worries, kids first, always 🙂 Email seems to be back now, so whatever change was made, seems ...

no problem 🙂