Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Where can I get an S7 Edge with Koodo?

I'm living in Montreal, QC, Canada and I can't seem to find a single store that has the S7 Edge with Koodo in store.

Am I forced to buy the S7 Edge online? If so, will the phone be ready to go and activated as soon as I get it? Not exactly sure how it works as I usually buy phones in store

Thanks in advance!

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes its only online. You will just put ur sim in the new phone once it arrives and you will be good to go
Chadwick wrote:

Yes its only online. You will just put ur sim in the new phone once it arrives and you will be go...

Thanks! Just quickly, does the Sim come with the phone? Or I put my old one from my current S3?
Userlevel 7
Chadwick wrote:

Yes its only online. You will just put ur sim in the new phone once it arrives and you will be go...

The one i the S3 is likely not the right size so you'll need to buy a new sim or cut your current sim to size (not recommended)
Chadwick wrote:

Good to know, guess I have to add a Sim card into my cart now. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Chadwick wrote:

When your phone arrives you'll have to call in to Migrate your service to the new sim. Don't setup your phone until you have your sim installed. Samsung phones reset on the first time sim insertion.
Chadwick wrote:

Seems Koodo doesn't sell Sim cards. Do I have to buy one at a Koodo kiosk/store?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

I generally still suggest cutting the Sim but preferably with a Sim card puncher tool vs taking an x-acto knife to it. The tolerances aren't that forgiving. And you'd want to sand the edges etc etc.
Chadwick wrote:

I'd rather just buy a proper Sim card. Do you know where can I get a Koodo sim for the S7 Edge?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

That's fair. I honestly cannot recall if one comes with the phone or you need to go to a location to pick one up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/where-can-i-buy-a-koodo-sim-card
Chadwick wrote:

Is this good? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Koodo-Nano-sim-card-Prepaid-20-temps-dinclus-20-air-time-included-/1620500001...~
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

It would. AR you prepaid? They cost 20 but have 20 dollar credit anyways. I'd save a couple bucks and get one in store unless you'd rather it be shipped to you.
Chadwick wrote:

I pay monthly, so that means that prepaid card wont work? Right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

That is correct. Prepaid Sims are for prepaid accounts.
Chadwick wrote:

Great, it's looking like I wont be able to get an S7 Edge anytime soon since I can't even buy a Nano Sim for it lol. All the stores in my Province are not holding in store
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

None have nano Sims in stock? Including walmart a Bestbuy?
Chadwick wrote:

As far as I can tell, not a single store in Montreal, Quebec has the S7 Edge or Nano sim cards in stock. This is hopeless
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

CWC. No store. Canada wide will have the s7 edge. So u can stop hoping for that. As for SIMs. I find it hard to believe they dont have any. As chad said u can(not recommended)/cut ur sim. Which is fairly easy and I did it to mine.
Chadwick wrote:

I will start calling Koodo Kioks tomorrow and hopefully they'll have Sim cards
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

U don't have to. Your phone will come with one.
Chadwick wrote:

Ok perfect. The only thing that worries me is that when I put the S7 Edge in my cart, it shows Koodo Nano SIM $0.00. Although If I try buying it without logging in it shows that a Sim card does get added to the cart.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Don't worry. It will come with the correct sim.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If ever it doesn't work. Come back here and we'll help you out
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm actually surprised that none of them told you that you have to get th S7 Edge online as the website plainly states that it is currently online only atm. As Chadwick said, there'll be no issues!
Goran wrote:

I'm actually surprised that none of them told you that you have to get th S7 Edge online as the w...

Thanks haha, actually some people told me it's online only but others were saying that some stores had it so I figured no one knew what they were talking about lmao