Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When will the Nexus 5 get the Android 5.1 update ?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo/topics/when-will-nexus-5-devices-get-android-lollipop-ota-update
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Google just released the files a couple days ago for 5.1 so give it some time for the OTA jeez. If you want it right away then flash the files manually or wait until Google actually pushes them
Koodo's Nexus 5 always receive the OTA late if not the last
Userlevel 7
They test it on every other carrier first to make sure it's perfect before they give it to Koodo's valuable customers.
I already got it and it fried my phone. Don't get it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
VaRhonaWright wrote:

What do you mean it fried your phone VaRhonna? Did you attempt a factory reset of the phone?
VaRhonaWright wrote:

Google has confirmed a 5.1.1 update, so hopefully it will fix the memory leak issue and other major bugs on the nexus 5.
VaRhonaWright wrote:

I already got the 5.1 update and it fried my phone. Now it is going to be a long process to get it to the LG repair in another province so they can remove the software and reinstall the 4.4 update that worked great. What a pain in the butt. I just got my phone in Jan. 2015. It's a great phone, the processor is fast and takes great pictures but now I want to toss it. Makes me think I should have stayed with iPhone.
VaRhonaWright wrote:

My phone no longer works. Nothing will turn it on including a reset.
VaRhonaWright wrote:

I've spoken to people at Koodo and LG and LG says it is their fault and lots of people have my issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
VaRhonaWright wrote:

I'm on the Web most of every day researching Android and every phone under the sun and I haven't come across a single other complaint about the update frying anyone's phone except you so that's not really a wide speed issue. Yes 5.1 has issues and a 5.1.1 update is in the works but that's for memory leak issues and some small bug fixes.
VaRhonaWright wrote:

The ones I've found online said their phone kept freezing and dropping the internet. I have spoken with LG twice and they told me that there is an issue. They already knew there were issues. When I was first trying to call them there was such a high traffic flow that they didn't have room to put more people in queues. Koodo told me that the Moto was also having issues due to the updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
VaRhonaWright wrote:

Freezing and dropping Internet is not "frying your phone" it's bugs that will be fixed with an update
VaRhonaWright wrote:

My phone started freezing after the 5 update so I sent feedback about the issue from my phone. Then they sent me the 5.1 update and it was not long after that that my phone completely stopped working. What made it worse is that I do not have a home phone and I had been in an accident. Fortunately, I had my old iPhone to switch to when a friend came to see me. It was a good thing I did because I had to return to the hospital because of complications. It was not a great week for me.
Does Koodo have an software update schedule page ?
Userlevel 7
Jack Ryan wrote:

Nope, but it's a good idea.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jack Ryan wrote:

I've talked to a koodo employee about it and they're looking into it