Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When will the moto g recieve the android 4.4.3 kitkat update?

The latest version of android has been released on nexus and moto devices in the US. However there hasbeen no word on when Canadian moto g users will be recieivng the update. Anyone know an exact date or time frame?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nope nobody knows as of this moment but it should be any time now as my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013 just got the update about 4 or 5 days ago. I'm sure Google wants to make sure they get it out to Nexus devices mostly before they really push the MotoG and X updates so they don't get the backlash they got fromNNexus users who were still waiting as the Moto devices were being updated. Just keep your fingers crossed and hitting that check for updates icon
keep an eye on the forums for that particular phone. Once the update is being released you'll see it all over those websites.
Userlevel 1
I am downloading the 4.4.4 update right now. 182.2mb. OK. Its installed. Most everything works. The new dialer looks like an iPhone app. ART is enabled by default, which means that you won't likely have any fun if you use the Facebook app. It just won't load or it will crash. If you enable developer options and change the run time back to Dalvic, Facebook will load right away. More when I find it...
corey wrote:

I am downloading the 4.4.4 update right now. 182.2mb. OK. Its installed. Most everything works. T...

I've installed the update as well. I haven't ran into that problem or any problems yet
Mine won't update over wifi, wants data connection. Any ideas?