Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When will the galaxy ace 2x receive kitkat?

Userlevel 1
I own the galaxy ace2x and know it is a low end phone and have heard rumours about it receiving the kitkat update. Any info will it receive it? and when?

11 replies

Userlevel 3
we don't know but here's a helpful link to push it through. http://uselessweaponry.blogspot.ca/2013/09/upgradeupdate-galaxy-ace-ii-x-s7560m-to.html
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I haven't heard anything official about it. If it does happen, I wouldn't bet on it being anytime soon.
Userlevel 7
You could keep waiting on a "it may potentially come out eventually at some point in the future"... but here's my suggestion: get the Moto G instead. It's leaps and bounds better and got KitKat as of today. I updated mine this morning.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

You could keep waiting on a "it may potentially come out eventually at some point in the future"....

I'd second that suggestion (providing that OP is fine with 8 GB of non-expandable storage). Get the Moto G and sell the Ace 2x while you can still get ~$100 for selling your Ace 2x.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not even the S4 has the Kit Kat update. So let's just wait in peace...
Userlevel 1
I prefer the ace 2 for the reasons as. it has a face cam. Has expandable memory which I have a 16gb in right now. and those are the reasons
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
B2theden wrote:

I prefer the ace 2 for the reasons as. it has a face cam. Has expandable memory which I have a 16...

If you mean a front facing camera, the Moto G has one too.
Userlevel 1
B2theden wrote:

I prefer the ace 2 for the reasons as. it has a face cam. Has expandable memory which I have a 16...

I didn't think it had one. and another reason I can't upgrade is because im am in a tab
Userlevel 7
B2theden wrote:

You can just pay off the Tab to upgrade and then sell your Ace II X to recoup some of the cost. Plus if you're worried about the storage space there's always an OTG connector, which the Moto G supports. You can also find an Amerifriend and get the unlocked 16G version from Motorola in the US for $200.
Userlevel 1
It won't be receiving KitKat officially from samsung ever, most likely.
Any Custom Roms for the Ace 2 x?