Koodo Community
Question

when will nexus 5 devices get Android Lollipop OTA update?

• 13 November 2014
  • 78 replies

Userlevel 1
Still waiting for lollipop on my koodo nexus 5

78 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As far as I know, it is Google that updates the device, Gary. Hang in tight, they started to roll it out today but as always, they don't want to hog their network and won't update them all at once!
Just upgraded to the nexus 5 today. The girl at the koodo booth said that the new update would be available. So far however im still on kitkat and lollipop isn't available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo and Google just released it for the Nexus 5. You "Should" have it by the 25th.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Still waiting on the lollipop update... What's taking it so longEverytime someone asks, google pushes it back another hour.
I got my update today, I am using Koodo nexus 5.How come you got the update? i'm with koodo and my nexus 5 is still with kit-kat???? Thanks for your answer.
Userlevel 2
I got my update today, I am using Koodo nexus 5.It has nothing to do with your cell service provide. Google rolls the update out in batches over a period of 2 -3 weeks while watching for any problems. Patience, it will come or as suggested, do the update yourself.
Koodo sent me a replacement phone which updated automatically but my original Nexxus 5 is still not getting the update. How can I get it because I need to return the replacement phone.
My mobile data doesn't work after lolipop update. Checked APN settings and everythign seems to be fine, same profile as kit kat . This is week 2 without data 😢
You can flash the firmware on it... But keep in mind that you also need to backup your phone on your computer. Using the official factory images, you can follow the instructions at this official site, https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images find the firmware for your device, you'll also find old firmware, follow the instructions on the site,then you can fix it yourself... If it doesn't work, you can also go back to your older firmware 🙂
so it makes sense that i still didn't get the 5.0 lollipop update?
Yea I'm still waiting as well
I see, so it's not only me.
I see, so it's not only me.Have you received the update yet?
I see, so it's not only me.no unfortunately
still waiting here as well...sigh
I updated mine manually by flashing the new firmware image.
I have a nexus 5 , still running 4.4.4. No lolipop update here either. I check 5 times a day and have tried every trick but still no luck.
thank god. thanks for the reply!
Geez what's the hurry with the update, people act like their phone won't work without it
Why are there still Nexus 5 devices that do not get lollipop?!
i still havent gotten it either....
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year.Google and Koodo must of identified an issue and stopped it. Just be patient, it's coming.
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year.That makes no sense, as the Nexus line is supposed to get direct OTA's from Google.
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year.I sold my nexus 5...I was tired of waiting.