Koodo Community
Question

when will nexus 5 devices get Android Lollipop OTA update?

• 13 November 2014
  • 78 replies

Userlevel 1
Still waiting for lollipop on my koodo nexus 5

78 replies

I don't understand why lollipop is bad. For me at least, I've been getting much better battery life than i was on Kitkat. I also really like the new notification bar and the white background.
Badge +4
I have to say that battery life sucks on Android 5.01. I had to root the phone and experiment...Best practice is to perform a factory reset after installing an OS upgrade. You can skip through the initial setup without entering any personal information or setting up a Google account. Simply navigate to Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset - Reset device.
I have to say that battery life sucks on Android 5.01. I had to root the phone and experiment with Franco Kernel and ElementalX to get acceptable battery life. I have settled on ElementalX slightly undervolted and get 18 hours with 4 hours of screen on time with no noticeable hit on performance. I also use Greenify, which seems to help I have all radios on and all features activated, e.g. Google Now, Fit, High Accuracy location services, etc. It's also a good idea to restart the phone daily (I do this right after full charge). What I find is that nobody should have to mess with the under the hood stuff and potentially compromise security. On the other hand, if I was locked in to iOS I would be dependent on Apple to fix issues of battery life and performance.
I am back to my Kitkat. Doesn't like the white background at alllllll. It has some serious bat...It's very easy, you can download the necessary software and Google OEM rom, with instruction guide. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F7988B9EA254F994!4677&authkey=!AAeCiJ_WBzzdeY0&ithint=folder%2capk
I am back to my Kitkat. Doesn't like the white background at alllllll. It has some serious bat...How do you downgrade software. I don't plan to but it would be cool to know.
I am back to my Kitkat. Doesn't like the white background at alllllll. It has some serious battery drain out issues, with Kitkat my normal usageusually I am down by 15% after approximately 6 hours of usage after full charge in the morning. With 5.0.1 I was at 25% down, so just downgraded back to Kitkat 4.4.4. I will stick to Kitkat until Google fix the battery drain out issues and give the option at least to select black background color. Bbye to Lolipop as of now.
These apps apparently are both connected to the google play store and affect the way things are updated from there. The vending app version I have is 5.1.11 and the play services app version is 6.5.99 If anyone is having the same issue I hope this helps you out.
Seems I have fixed it. What I did was disable and uninstall updates for 2 apps. Google play services and com.android.vending. Both are found in settings under apps. After that I turned off my phone and turned it back on and received a new notification that google needed those 2 apps to update all other apps from google play so I went into settings and re-enabled them and updated them without a hitch. That was yesterday and so far the notification to update google play has not returned and I can now go to play store as usual.
Here you go: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1996995
Spoke too soon. The notification to update google play is back. Damnit is anybody else having this issue?
No updates are installed for that app.Erased all data for the app and so far the notification has not reappeared. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No updates are installed for that app.Try clearing the cache and data for it then if possible.
No updates are installed for that app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
OK it's installed but now I have an issue. A notification to update google play keeps popping up...Try going into settings...apps and finding the play store. Uninstall any updates it may have and see if the next time you restart it there are updates.
OK it's installed but now I have an issue. A notification to update google play keeps popping up but there is no update available. Very annoying and is there a way to get rid of it? Other than that its good.
Yesterday night I received the much awaited Android's new update 5.0.1. FYI I didn't do anything ...Finally got it too! Thanks koodo/Google.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yesterday night I received the much awaited Android's new update 5.0.1. FYI I didn't do anything ...Grab K9 mail from the app store. It's a fantastic email client. Loads of options.
Yesterday night I received the much awaited Android's new update 5.0.1. FYI I didn't do anything yesterday evening around 8:00 PM i got the notification there is new update available. Just my personal opinion- I don't like the new version at all list goes on and on... menu screen background and home page Google bar is freaking white color gives a lot of glare, few animations changed. The most F part is they have removed the native Email app, now you have to use gmail for accessing your emails like Exchange account or you 3rd party, seriously every one don't like using Gmail app.
Userlevel 6
I just got it on my Nexus 5 right now
does anyone know if other carriers are blocking this or is it only koodo?Yep. Thanks for the help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
does anyone know if other carriers are blocking this or is it only koodo?I hope you all get it.
does anyone know if other carriers are blocking this or is it only koodo?am I the only one who just got it????
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
does anyone know if other carriers are blocking this or is it only koodo?It's just Koodo........ they are Dah Ebil and postpone it as long as they can. Nah 😃 Koodo has nothing to do with the update, ask Google (or a higher source, if you have that kind of access)
does anyone know if other carriers are blocking this or is it only koodo?
Still waiting on the lollipop update... What's taking it so longI got tired of waiting and manually did the OTA update. It's not so complicated and the update is worth it!