Koodo Community
Question

when will nexus 5 devices get Android Lollipop OTA update?

• 13 November 2014
  • 78 replies

Show first post

78 replies

Just upgraded to the nexus 5 today. The girl at the koodo booth said that the new update would be available. So far however im still on kitkat and lollipop isn't available.
I updated mine manually by flashing the new firmware image.
I have a nexus 5 , still running 4.4.4. No lolipop update here either. I check 5 times a day and have tried every trick but still no luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo and Google just released it for the Nexus 5. You "Should" have it by the 25th.
thank god. thanks for the reply!
Geez what's the hurry with the update, people act like their phone won't work without it
Why are there still Nexus 5 devices that do not get lollipop?!
i still havent gotten it either....
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year.Google and Koodo must of identified an issue and stopped it. Just be patient, it's coming.
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year.That makes no sense, as the Nexus line is supposed to get direct OTA's from Google.
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year.I sold my nexus 5...I was tired of waiting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year. I mentioned GOOGLE AND KOODO , but perhaps the word OR would have been more appropriate. Carriers do have some input, even google acknowledges that. Either way, be patient and you'll have it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year.What feature of lollipop were you most looking forward to?
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year.Native ART, GUI, the fact that the toggles on notification bar have more info i.e. show Data used in the time.
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year.Chad, speaking for myself, I'm most interested in seeing if the new release fixes the eroded performance of my original Nexus 7. My Nexus 4 is fine but the 7 has become progressively less useful over time.
I thought we were supposed to get this before the new year.Well my Nexus 7 has become useless after 5.0 and a bit better after 5.0.2. But KitKat was still better then lollipop on it.
My nexus 5 still has yet received the lollipop upgrade...
Just got a Nexus 5 and the last update I got was for KitKat (4.4), no update available for Lollipop. Any news on this?
that all our nexus 5 phones are not getting lollipop updates is not unique to koodo. if you look at most trade rags^H^H^H^Hwebsites, you see that lollipop doesn't seem to be rolling out on a wide scale. it appears that android 5 still has quite a few teething problems. we just have to be patient.
Userlevel 6
I won't be upgrading to Lollipop unless something major changes. I don't like how it looks. I'll wait for the next version (Mango? Mint Chocolate Chip? Mississippi Mud Pie?)
I tried 5.01 but battery life is awful! Went back to Kit Kat 4.4.4. Battery will last a day if you don't use the phone, so what's the point? Moderate use kills the battery in 5-6 hours or less. And yes I tried every single optimization trick. If 5.01 is pushed out, I strongly recommend people waiting, you will regret it!
Since my wife moved to 5.0.1 she is getting 5-6 hours....of screen time!!!! and a total of 12-13 hours of use. So i am not sure what is wrong with yours.
I even did a factory reset and no restore, thinking it was settings or apps... screen at 30%...this is a new phone and battery is reporting 2300 mAh...
Still waiting on the lollipop update... What's taking it so long