Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When will my US Texting and Phonecall

When can I expect to see my incoming Canadian phonecall on my Canadian phone while I am in the USA on my Koodo self serve.  I've been waiting to see how much it costs for husband and I to talk from landline in Canada to his cell while he is in Seattle. 

13 replies

Userlevel 7
You're roaming, roaming charges could be delayed up to 90 days.

I will tell you that without a roaming package,

The call costs 1.50$ per minute Incomming texts are free Outgoing texts are billed at 5$ per 100 texts sent per billing cycle.
Chad Burr wrote:

I will tell you that without...

Even if he is at the receiving end of the call.  Does this apply to his texting if he replies to a text?  Thanks 
Userlevel 3
Chad Burr wrote:

The unlimited add-on includes text too.

Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Where is the Canadian phone? The cell phone that is roaming will be charged 1.50per minute.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

She doesn't have an add on. We're talking standard rates here.

LiardC has a point though, buy the unlimited add on for the roaming phone and you won't have to worry about any of this. Pay one flat rate and talk / text all ya want. No surprises
Even if he is at the receiving end of this call?  Holy Mother of God that is nuts. 
Userlevel 3
Kathleen Guetre wrote:

Even if he is at the receiving end of this call?  Holy Mother of God that is nuts. 

Did he not get an unlimited roaming add-on? For a full month it only costs $45. Less if he stays shorter. Makes sense to get it.

https://www.koodomobile.com/add-ons?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Addons
Kathleen Guetre wrote:

He is only there for a few days.  Like four days or so, not sure but that goes as an automatic as we used that when he was down there for awhile last time. 

Userlevel 7
Kathleen Guetre wrote:

Roaming packages are not automatic and need to be added.
Userlevel 3
Kathleen Guetre wrote:

There is a 3 day add-on too. Look at the link I posted.
Kathleen Guetre wrote:

Really because last time that is exactly what they did.  They just added it like BAM!  Thanks for that link it is very helpful LairdC
Kathleen Guetre wrote:

Okay he is trying this and AT&T for some reason gives him some kind of stupid message and it just isn't working.  
Userlevel 7
Kathleen Guetre wrote:

Kathleen I'm trying to help you bit the information you're providing isn't in line with the questions I'm asking you. Your husband is where right now? Where are you? Who is calling who? What is it that you want AT&T to do that's not working? What is the stupid message? You told me the plan was automatic but that someone set it up for you. And BAM it worked. Who set it up? To buy a roaming package you need to either add it in self serve or text the corresponding code to Koodo.