Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When will my LG G3 get android 6.0.1?

I just got this new phone a week ago and I was wondering when I would get that update.
I already have android 6.0 but I used to have 6.0.1 in my Nexus 5.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Santiago. The lg g3 Marshmallow 6.0 update was released a while ago.the reason yur nexus has 6.0.1 is because it gets updates way before most other phones. I'm not sure if lg g3 has 6.0.1 as mine is running custom software.
I already went to the phone settings to manually look for the upgrade but it said I have the latest version. I still have to try through the PC suite. But shouldnt the 6.0.1 version be available already?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Santiago wrote:

I already went to the phone settings to manually look for the upgrade but it said I have the late...

Not necessarily no. Telus/Koodo is the one pushing updates. With the Nexus line of phones it's google that sends them out. Which is why they are always first to receive updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Santiago wrote:

I already went to the phone settings to manually look for the upgrade but it said I have the late...

It's an unfortunate reality of updates pushed via Carriers. Plus it's a few generations old now. LG is getting better about updates on its older phones but you'll have to wait and see the upgrade timetables for further updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's not on the update schedule for the next few months. 6.0.1 it's not a major update from 6.0 so there's no real reason to be urgent about it as its all background stuff.

Yes version 6.01 may not be a big update but it will resolved our issue. Since we update our LG G3 to version 6.0. Many people have Bluetooth connection issue with smartwatch (mine is a Garmin Vivoactive). We made some test and it look like the 6.01 will resolved the issue. To bad that Telus/Koodo will not push the release. I know that want us to upgrade our phone but Koodo sold mine less than 1 year ago!!!

Badge +4
J-Michel wrote:

Yes version 6.01 may not be a big update but it will resolved our issue. Since we update our LG G...

Have you tried using LG PC Suite?

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/softw...