Koodo Community

Community

Question

when will Koodo have samsung galaxy note 8?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Rohit, tomorrow is it's release date across Canada so Koodo should be announcing more tomorrow. From best buys website it looks that Koodo will offer both the black and blue versions that are the ones available from carriers in Canada.
IPhone 8 is not available until next month the why it is already there on the koodo website?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rohit wrote:

IPhone 8 is not available until next month the why it is already there on the koodo website?

IPhone is available for preorder now and will be shipping the 22nd.
The Note 8 has no preorder with koodo and will be available starting tomorrow, hence not being on the site till tomorrow.
Rohit wrote:

:( can't believe these ppl are getting the iPhone 8 and 8+ for pre-ordering and refuses to get the Note8 smh.... shame on you koodo. thanks got samsung let me pre-order it from their site
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rohit wrote:

If you have enough fund to buy directly from Samsung, then it is better to buy from them, because it is unlocked. If you buy from Koodo, they are locked to Koodo (Telus). The reason people buying from Carrier is the ability to have some discount and put some money on Tab.
Userlevel 6
Rohit wrote:

It doesn't matter who you buy it from. When you buy it from Samsung directly (even at retail price), it will LOCK to the carrier of the first SIM card you insert. Unlike Apple, they do not sell unlocked devices.

Well, technically they do....but they lock to the carrier of the first SIM card you insert.

So be careful, don't try it with another carrier's SIM after you buy it from Samsung, or it will lock to that and not work with Koodo. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rohit wrote:

I knew the experience of buying a S7 from Costco, it is locked but then you can get the unlocked code later in 1,2 days free. So It is technically a locked phone with free unlock code.

I am not sure if the note8 through Samsung will follow the same procedure or not. If it is, the unlocked process will not be depended on status of Koodo account and $50
Rohit wrote:

When u buy it directly from samsung you'll also receive an unlocked code. Did purchase the Note7 from samsung.com/ ca cause Koodo seams not to care about the Note series but yet they have the styles 3 from LG. It's just something that I can not understand. Damn koodo! I mean why u gotta do us like that? Smh
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rohit wrote:

Koodo had the Note 7 until it got recalled. They also offered the Note 3 & 4 I believe they only skipped the Note 5.
Also even if you buy the Note 8 from Koodo you'll be able to unlock it for free after December 1st as all phones in Canada will come unlocked from that point forward. You'll also be able to get your phones you purchased before then unlocked for free after that date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rohit wrote:

Or wait and unlock for free in December
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rohit wrote:

That's what I said Dennis
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rohit wrote:

I still dont see where u said that

EDIT.... Oops I see it now
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's in the webstore now and comes in black and blue https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/samsung-galaxy-note-8