Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When (or rather is) the Note 4 go down in price? Most of the other distributors lowered the price of this device since the Note 5 went out?

When (or rather is) the phone going to go down in price anytime soon? Since most of the other distributors lowered the price of this device since the Note 5 went out?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
No way of knowing if it will happen or not. It would be logical that it's price be reduced due to the Note 5, but it doesn't seem as though Koodo will be getting the Note 5, making it hard to say whether or not Koodo will reduce the price
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo sometimes skips a generation. They are not a humungous player with big order book. They may be happy to clear out existing inventory and wait for the Note 6?
You are both quite right, but even if Koodo does not get the new Note 5, the other players DO and they dropped their price, making Koodo low priced plans irrelevant when facing the device price... Disappointing!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So who's price is lower than Koodo's right now on the Note 4 and what's that price?
So far only Rogers but... here is the current price list for the Quebec Area for  1 GB data plan, unlimited canada wide plan (some plan ofert 1.5 GB)
Distributor (Di) - Phone (Note 4) [b](Ph) - Phone Extra one time [b](Pe) - Canada unlimitted + 1 GB data [b](Pl) - .Monthly Extra[b](Me) - Promotion [b](Pr) - Total 24 months [b](T24)
Di Ph Pe Pl Me Pr T24Koodo(1 GB) 450 5 43 15 1847 Telus (1.5 GB) 300 10 75 0 122 1988 Bell (1.5 GB) 150 15 75 0 0 1965 Rogers (1 GB) 200 0 70 0 50 1830Plus since I am with Telus, they are offering price matching. that should give
Koodo : $1847
Telus : $1718
Rogers : $1830