Koodo Community

Community

Solved

when is the galaxy s6 edge is released at kooodo.

Will koodo bring the galaxy s6 edge with the rest of the carriers or will it be released adter a month or so in koodo. Thanks for the help.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nobody will know until it happens but Koodo in the past has released the Galaxy S series of devices they've carried at the same time as every bother carrier in Canada, so I personally would expect this year to be the same.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Nobody will know until it happens but Koodo in the past has released the Galaxy S series of devic...

Oh because when i asked an employee at a koodo store she said that they will only bring the s6 but not the edge which sounded weird to me and she also said that even the s6 will come 2-3 months after other carriers. Which again didnt make any sense. Thanks for the reply.
Userlevel 7

Nobody will know until it happens but Koodo in the past has released the Galaxy S series of devic...

Sounds like she was misinformed since the s6 edge has been confirmed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm just going by past experiences like I said so don't quote me on it lol. Curious if the sales Rep was trying to sell you another device at the time they said this?

Yes i visited the website and it was there. Also will the phone be in other colours or just the boring black and white colours because i would love for koodo to get other colours like the gold or blue colours.

Well i asked her about the z3 and the s6 edge and she said that koodo doesnt even deal with sony. Which again sounds stupid because sony is a huge company that also has great phones.
Userlevel 7

Koodo usually tends to not carry all the colours 😞 However we can hope!

Hopefully because i have the s3 and iam gonna upgrade it to the s6 edge anyways but its just an extra to have a cool colour. Thanks for the quick replies guys.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As of right now Koodo is only carrying the 32gb model of each device and the Edge in only black and the S6 in black and white. There's actually no carriers in North America carrying the cool reflective colors except the gold from some carriers. I'm with you that Koodo needs to carry more color options but they've stated that black or dull colored devices sell best so that's why they carry them, which is a catch 22 because of course they sell better because every carrier carries them right lol.

Ohhh thats new info for me i mean i can understand koodo is only trying to get what really sells. Also is there any company that sells the phone like rogers that i can unlock and take it to koodo to put my sim card in and it would work fine.Because as i mensioned before i have an s3 originally from rogers unlocked to any carrier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I haven't check for the S6 or S6 Edge from them but I've bought factory unlocked Samsung phones from Expansys.com in the past and had a great experience so you could check them out. I know Rogers and Fido are carrying the Gold Galaxy S6 Edge for sure because I was thinking of getting one from them since Koodo only has black