Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When is the android 6.0 Marshmallow coming to HTC one M8?

It's my first time having a carrier phone, I always had unlocked phone. I read on the 18th that both koodo and telus are receiving the update for the Moto x2 and HTC one M8. But I never received that. So does anyone know when is it coming out?

18 replies

Userlevel 1
Telus have already updated their website and it says for the M8, marshmallow will be released on Jan 7th

so i guess we all gotta wait a little bit longer
So, telus and koodo are the same thing?
Userlevel 7
Vinicius Goncalves wrote:

Telus owns Koodo, so the network and coverage are basically the same. Koodo call centre reps are usually just Telus call centre reps that are cross trained rather than hiring individual reps for Koodo (even down to their corporate email address), their billing system backend is the same, and Koodo kiosk employees even get paycheques that say Telus on them.

So the new version is coming out on the 7th for sure?
Userlevel 6

We can't confirm if the new version is coming out on the 7th in case there are delays.  You will receive a notice on your phone once it's available 🙂

So is coming before February, at least?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's presently scheduled to be released January 7th and will begin rolling on that date unless any unforeseen circumstances arise such as any additional bugs found during continuous testing.

So, I think I'll have to wait some more days, right?
Userlevel 2
It's the 18th, still waiting.
Me too
Userlevel 6
Hey everyone, it should be out really soon! We carefully test updates to make sure that there are no issues with the launch since we want to ensure a smooth update.  We appreciate your patience!
Melissa wrote:

Hey everyone, it should be out really soon! We carefully test updates to make sure that there are...

Cyanogenmod 13 has had a stable snapshot since November 17, 2015. 

What is the hold up for the Koodo / Telus release? 
Userlevel 2
Really soon... As in sometime today or this week? A post in the tellus forums say theirs is to be today, so you guys as part of telus should be today too. http://forum.telus.com/articles/53566/mobility/software-update-schedule
Userlevel 7
batkinson001 wrote:

Really soon... As in sometime today or this week? A post in the tellus forums say theirs is t...

That is true, but it's released in batches. So you might just need to wait until you see the notification on your phone.
batkinson001 wrote:

Really soon... As in sometime today or this week? A post in the tellus forums say theirs is t...

:(
batkinson001 wrote:

starting to lose faith in dates either tell us its delayed or put it out already stop toying with us
batkinson001 wrote:

Someone from Telles just commented saying that they are having some kind of problem, so it won't be available now
batkinson001 wrote:

Just got the update