Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When is hands free not hands free!

I have an LG Optimus 1 phone. Now i have a new car with blue tooth. I have paired the phone with the car system and it recognized the phone. But when the phone rings, I can't answer because the lock has to be swiped across the screen first, defeating the purpose of the hands free operation. Have I missed something in the set up?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Depending on the car system there should be an answer button in the car. Just like a Bluetooth headset, there is an answer button on the headset
Thanks, Denis. There is an answer button right on the steering wheel, but it doesn't allow me to answer the phone. My phone has a little lock on the touch screen which has to be dragged across the screen before you can answer the phone and this is the only thing that I can see that prevents me from answering in the car. I have tried to disable this little lock, but with no success.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mary Gardner wrote:

Thanks, Denis. There is an answer button right on the steering wheel, but it doesn't allow me to ...

Settings>Location and Security>Setup Lockscreen You can disable the lock screen from here.